Skip to main content
Topic: That movie thread that's similar to that music thread... (Read 14899 times) previous topic - next topic

That movie thread that's similar to that music thread...

Reply #150
I built a movie theater in my living room.  It's a Dell 2200mp front projector.  It's set to 80 inches right now.

I'd be interested in a good place to d/l movies.  I never learned how.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #151
Sweet. you are going to need connectivity to your projector from your PC. i have mine converted over to a media center /home theater pc. i installed a MB that supports hdmi which i have connected to a 50' plasma. i use it as my primary monitor as well. audio is run through an optical cable into my nuforce pre-amp.

with most of the stuff you download you lose alot of quality but really, the picture is similar to a theater. you generally only get 2 channel audio with them. they are usually ripped from a DVD and compressed down under 1 gig. usually around 700mb so they can fit on a disk. no where near as a good as a loss less rip from a DVD but IMO, but watching a movie in my own home beats the hell out of having to go out to a theater.

Client:
http://www.bittorrent.com/

torrent:
http://www.torrentreactor.net/find/gran-torino-screener

in general, if you can get into a private community like demonoid you end up with faster DL's and better quality along with better reliability. sometime it can be a pain with Google torrents. try to stick to screeners. they are not copy protected the same way a store bought dvd would be. sometimes you get garbage uber early in the theater movie torrents. believe it or not, it done by people that bring vid. cameras into a movie and record it. pretty retarded and not worth the time DL. after a dl starts you can check its quality after awhile and see weather or not its garbage or a keeper.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #152
Smokey and the Bandit 4/5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #153
I downloaded a few, and a couple or 3 turned out really decent, but I had 4 that were utter ...I've been borrowing dvd's from friends and watching them on my comp...i'm done with the DL'ing .
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #154
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;268382
I downloaded a few, and a couple or 3 turned out really decent, but I had 4 that were utter ...I've been borrowing dvd's from friends and watching them on my comp...i'm done with the DL'ing .

Go on to bt junkie .com and type in axxo he releases quality rips of most recent misappropriated movies. oh and never download Cam rips they are almost always utter , look for dvd rips.

Reply #155
The Punisher 3.5/5 - Not much on the way of plot, but I liked it enough.
Role Models 5/5- Great movie.  The kids are funny in that.
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Reply #156
I watched Transformers the other night, thought it was actually really good...5/5.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #157
Gone is 60 seconds (Original) 3/5- Plot and acting is okay but the chase is whats worth watching it for.

Reply #158
Try a "private" community like demonoid. generally you get much better quality stuff and at the very least, the quality/type is listed with the torrent as well as screen shots most of the time. its a little more secure as well. you can get blueray stuff as well. i usually source those as well as dvd screeners. i hate going to the theater and id rather watch a div x qual. dvd rip at home. doesnt make much sense to DL anything that is currently released on DVD when you can just borrow or rent and rip it yourself and end up with a clean no loss rip. netflix ftmfw

its a PITA to register on demonoid so if you want an invite let me know and ill get you an invite code.

Go on to bt junkie .com and type in axxo he releases quality rips of most recent misappropriated movies. oh and never download Cam rips they are almost always utter , look for dvd rips.
+1 with actual AXXO rips. quality rips/clean compression. also, yeah, never waste time DL "cam" files. those are just stupid.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #159
the day the earth stood still.....total  -1 star. turned a potentially great sci-fi flick into a mushy chick-flick with a touch of save the planet .

Reply #160
hmmm that one looked good

Reply #161
Eagle Eye|4/5
Good movie... the last scene was a little, meh...
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #162
Don't Mess With The Zohan|3/5
Movie was about 45mins too long...
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #163
Star Trek
5/5

Loved this movie certainly one of the best sifi movies this year.

Reply #164
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;271540
Star Trek
5/5

Loved this movie certainly one of the best sifi movies this year.

Totally AWESOME movie!!!!!:bowdown::bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo