Skip to main content
Topic: Well my once beautiful TC is now gone for good (Read 1562 times) previous topic - next topic

Well my once beautiful TC is now gone for good

I just talked to the guy i sold my TC to and apparently he had brake problems and sent her into a telephone pole at 50mph. I think he was screwing around and lost it around a turn but this was his story. I knew i never should of sold that car!!!! kills me to think of all the work that i put into her and now its a parts car.

RIP 1986 Turbocoupe
1988 Mustang GT Show car/weekend racer
1986 Mustang T-top coupe The 2.3T project
1977 F250 400 4wd Fun in the mud
1997 Honda CBR F3 For when i want to make everything else feel slow

Reply #1
you need to change your signature to RIP 1986 turbocoupe.....  that freakin sucks

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #2
That's a shame.  This sad story exemplifies why cars should be bought, but never sold.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Reply #3
! I knew I should of tried harder to buy that car!

2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
:sorry: :toilet:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #5
I had also thought about buying your car.
I would have had "twins" in the same color, year, options, etc.

What a shame. Are you going to buy any of the parts back from it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Thats the same thing that happened with my '85 5.0L Cougar, the idiot I sold it to liked screwing around on dirt roads, and lost it and put it into the ditch.  Thankfully he didnt do enough damage that I cant fix and I bought the car back.

Reply #7
 bro sorry to hear. Another fox dies due to someones stupidity. All I have to say, and it is bias as I do stupid shiznit, is if your going to screw around, make sure the car is ok first. Doing dumb stuff with bad brakes is just plane out retarted.

Reply #8
Time to buy it back and resurect it.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #9
Quote from: tbirdscott;120632
Time to buy it back and resurect it.

Scott

I AGREE DO IT!!!!

sentimental value defeats any amount of money put into a car you truly love. :grinno:
:birdsmily:

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #10
dont let this one slip away as a parts car.  buy it back and charge him for his stupidity....  how bad could the car be if it hit a T-pole at 50mph?  makes me want to be even more careful when i take mine for a test drive after fixing the brakes...  wont be for a day or so but wish me luck..

Reply #11
If he didn't T-Bone the car,rebuild the old girl.I'll bet you can get it for cheap.My car is going to be stripped this spring and used for parts to build my "new" '88 T-Bird,and I'll sell the rest.It sounds like a great idea,but,I'm sure I'll regret it when the body goes to the boneyard or crusher.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
well unfortunatly he has already begun the stripping process and is sping the rest. I havent' seen it yet to see the extent of the damages but I got rid of it due to the lack of room so i really couldnt got her back . Oh well at least i have hundreds of pictures of my once nice bird.

RIP 1986 Turbocoupe
1988 Mustang GT Show car/weekend racer
1986 Mustang T-top coupe The 2.3T project
1977 F250 400 4wd Fun in the mud
1997 Honda CBR F3 For when i want to make everything else feel slow

Reply #14
that sucks that was the first older model t bird i saw on this site that i liked and since i saw urs ive love that year and would love to have one. Man that sucks so bad, that thing was gorgoues. thats y im NEVER selling my stang its going to the grave with me, sentimental conection to the car, plus i just love the 351 when it roars to life. words can't descirbe how much that sucks man.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07