Skip to main content
Topic: A few harness questions..... (Read 3252 times) previous topic - next topic

A few harness questions.....

O.K.,first...Where is the lower front fender turn indicator light harness hooked up?

#2.... to use them on a car without those lights,other than needing the correct fenders,will I have to change anything behind the dash?

#3...How hard is it and what does it take to put the lighted door lock harness into a car and make it functional?

#4...ANother light question....How hard would it be to install the auto light/auto dim function into a 'Bird that didn't come with it?

details...I have an '88 T-Bird Sport.No "light package",but it does have the full gauges,and that's about it (doesn't even have the lighted sunvisors).My current driver,is not a Sport,but it does have the light package,lighted visors,etc.,and I may want to install that equipment on the Sport and turn my daily driver into a project.I want the Sport to have all of the factory options it can have without cutting and hacking.I want it to be "factory"....so to speak.It (the Sport) has power driver's seat and both seats have power lumbar.Any help will be a good thing.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
and .......
#1, 2, 3,
you could use this info,,, but i would honestly just tap into the existing turn sig harness on each respecive side and fab up connections cleanly.  Saves you time wiring in the relay.,,your just adding two extra bulbs.

Reply #3
Thanks a lot.I don't want to get into a huge ordeal with the lights.It's not THAT important to me......yet.Depending on what I decide (build the project car and part out the daily driver?),I may pull everything from the DD and swap it over.The project car will eventually need a new dash,or a dash cap at the very least.If I pull the dash,swapping harneses won't bother me so much,but I'm not going to remove the dash just to do harness swapping.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Actualy you do not need the EVTM all you need is me.  Heh silly thought... but I know exactly what parts you need to change and where they plug into.  But I'm on my way out right now and dont have alot of time.  I'll help you out later tonight.  I'll just say this, it is as easy as you want it to be.
One 88

Reply #5
Good,because I want it to be EEEEEEEEASY.LOL.Thanks.

Reply #6
Quote from: CougarSE;118870
Actualy you do not need the EVTM all you need is me.

Ahh,, this is true, we earthlings:beatyoass:  need you.

i forgot the earths axis passes right through your balls:grinno:

Reply #7
Quote from: jcassity;118876
i forgot the earths axis passes right through your balls:grinno:

:nkhk:
One 88

Reply #8
Ouch..................