Skip to main content
Topic: 84 Tc (Read 2088 times) previous topic - next topic

84 Tc

Anyone looking for an 84 TC in the Nebraska area??  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Thunderbird-1984-Thunderbird-Turbo-Coupe_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6240QQihZ016QQitemZ260062497558QQrdZ1

84 Tc

Reply #1
.  I saved one...I don't have room for another...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

84 Tc

Reply #2
, that thing looks rough even to me.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

84 Tc

Reply #3
It doesn't appear too rusty, quarter panel repair aside.  Most of the rest is just the fact that no one kept it up. 

Even if the repair work is shoddy, there are still a few parts worth saving.  I think the car would even be good as a daily.

It will probably wind up in a cube though....

84 Tc

Reply #5
if anyone wants it, be sure to ask about the date stamp on the pics. if its correct, id hate to imagine what the car looks like now....
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

84 Tc

Reply #6
I'd love to have a 4-eye TC but i'm in the same position that guy is, to many projects and not enough space.
GT40p 5.0 w/ vortech @ 9.5psi, 400rwhp

84 Tc

Reply #7
It looks like the TRXs are clean.

84 Tc

Reply #8
Quote from: gumby;117819
if anyone wants it, be sure to ask about the date stamp on the pics. if its correct, id hate to imagine what the car looks like now....

I sent him am email about that last night.

No reply yet.

84 Tc

Reply #9
Well I got a reply
I can send you more pics. what would you like and you have to send your e-mail to me cause e-bay only lets me reply once. but the inside of the car is not the best, the seats are cracked the carpet is nasty and the dash had a cd player that is now gone.... the out side is 6 1/2-10.. the passenger side is nice but the front fender is wacked? The quarter panel has been fixed and the paint is cracked on that side. I don't know what else you want to know if you get me your e-mail and it don't sell i will take any offer over $300 thats what i got in it and i need to get out of the car

I may get some more pics from him.

If someone is perhaps interested in picking this thing up for parts, I might consider putting a little money towards it.

84 Tc

Reply #10
Look at that sunroof!
With the obvious line in the roof (bad picture), it looks as if it's a power moonroof that's sitting too low in its tracks. Does that make sense?
I thought the power moonroof wasn't available until 1986.
That's a very unique car. It's a shame it's an automatic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

84 Tc

Reply #11
I don't think that's a sunroof....that line is too far forward.  I thought the same thing, but I think it's a shadow from something on the pass side of the car.

I emailed him and asked about the date stamp, he says it's wrong.  He's also going to snap a couple more pics.

Anyone closer to this with some room?

84 Tc

Reply #12
Ok, he sent me some more pics.

The "83 V8" car is not an 83, it's an 84 elan.  Hard to tell the real condition, but a new set of doors would probably do wonders.

The TC damage in the rear quarter is weird in that it is high up.  I see that as being able to be fixed properly.

Anyway, heres the pics

http://www.turbochuck.com/images/Misc/Ebay%20Birds/

Without someone nearby to scope out for frame rust, it's hard to say if they are worth any more than parts cars.

84 Tc

Reply #13
Man that is raggy, how the hell do you get paint to crack then rust under the cracked paint without bubbling surface paint.

This

84 Tc

Reply #14
Looks like rust under bondo....