Skip to main content
Topic: Ever see anything like this???? (Read 3918 times) previous topic - next topic

Ever see anything like this????

Reply #1
Nice! except for that top.. it looks like ass IMHO

Reply #2
looks like someone threw a blanket over it :barf: could use some better wheels too..

Reply #4
2 of them in my entire life. Here is not uncommon for some people to cut the roof of their car (did i mention that myself would do that if i have a sawzall?). Of course, dont mention safety, they going to twist like an accordion in an accident....

about the wheels, Eric lauhged at me when i told him that these wheels were the factory ones in every fox cougar-bird.....
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #5
That HAS to be the worst ragtop job I've ever seen.

And those stripes.... Ickey-poo.

Reply #6
That top looks like a horse blanket.

And yeah...what's with those wheels? ew.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #7
Looks like it just needs a better fitting piece of fabric for the top.  It's cool that they were able to make/find a frame that works for the top and it appears to be power.

I like the idea, but it's not well-executed.

Reply #8
Could have been done better. I think it would look better if done on a 4 eye bird and done right.

Reply #9
A top frame from an 86+ Chrysler LeBaron looks like it would be a close fit.

I like the car.. with the top down.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #10
The Cougars look sweet as rag tops but not so much a T-bird. The roof line is just too swoopy and the rag top screws with the lines of the car.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
ergh... thats fugly. now maybe it if had been a cougar it would look cooler... and different wheels.. and different colors

Reply #12
I know its not but at first glance I thought it was a 4cyl mustang w/tc nose on.
Mind my French but the car looks like an abortion. And is he asking 12,000

Reply #13
Shoulda known this would turn into a Cougar vs. T-bird thing.

Reply #14
Oh those wheels are the bomb. ;)

Surprised no one mentioned the older steering wheel in the newer body style...with no cruise control buttons either. Strange...