2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Pinks All-Out

Reply #1
No.... :p

The show sucks...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Pinks All-Out

Reply #2
what is it that makes it "all out"? I havent had tv for six months. :shoothead :shoothead::flame: :flame: :macgun::nkhk: 
I miss tv.

Pinks All-Out

Reply #3
they race
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Pinks All-Out

Reply #4
I thought that is what they did in in PINKS?? Must just be a newer spin off to make more money.

Don't really like the show, can't stand racing for pinks... just to attached to things I own... that and I work to hard to lose em..

'rant over'
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Pinks All-Out

Reply #5
more like pinks all out.... of ideas!

amirite??? :grinno:
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Pinks All-Out

Reply #6
The best one i have seen so far was a sixty something galaxy vs a comet (Dude forfeitted because the guy that was susposted to help him install the engine pulled out) so some jackass shows up in a fox body Capri with spray. Well the galaxy as well has spray and was bored out to 501 cid i believe. The capri was stock except for the spray. we all know who won Galaxy FTW.

Pinks All-Out

Reply #7
FWIW, I didn't watch it, but over on the FTE board, they say the 62 F100 pickup smoked a modern corvette.  Ford over Chevy.  Can't complain about that.
1987 TC

Pinks All-Out

Reply #8
Ford won i liked it. i think it would make a nice NHRA or class "ALL OUT 10 SECONDS NO COMPUTERS".the rules would be there are none any thing you want just dont break 10 seconds and no computers to help you slow the car like those 10.90 classes that computer herlps them get 10.90..

Pinks All-Out

Reply #9
Quote from: xr7cat;115296
I thought that is what they did in in PINKS?? Must just be a newer spin off to make more money.

Don't really like the show, can't stand racing for pinks... just to attached to things I own... that and I work to hard to lose em..

'rant over'

no no, in pinks they whine, in all out they actually race. and technically they shouldnt call this one pinks because they were racing for money, not pink slips.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Pinks All-Out

Reply #10
I was actualy there that day. it was filmed about 45min. away from my house. it was crazy! there are a lot of long brakes in the racing for up to several hours, combine that with a lot of bored young people and let simmer in alcohol  in the hot sun, and you get a lot of ddrunk naked girls, pissed of police, and oe guy with a broken leg. it was lots of fun!

Pinks All-Out

Reply #11
lol @ the '62 Ford unibody truck being a Ford :D

Since when is an injected big block Chevrolet a Ford? :D

I've known them for years, good people.  They were giving me tips the first night I went drag racing 13yrs ago - in that truck.

The Pinks All Out was an awesome event, I hope you all get one close to you.  Basically, it goes like this.

-Everyone runs, they tell you to go "all out"

-After everyone has run 3-4 passes, they pick a window of 2-tenths of a second that has the "most" cars running in it - consistently - and choose 16 cars as the field (in the TX case, it was 10.0-10.2 ET)

-The 16 cars line up for eight races, and the winners each receive $1000 cash - but if you run faster than the 10.0 by a tenth, you are OUT

-You can use as much of the cash as you want to to bet against the next competitor until the field is run through, and the ultimate winner gets the bet money they win in the last race plus another ten grand

There were probably 1500 cars at Ennis for that meet and it was a blast.  It was hot as hell though.  Some ED good racing...
1984 Thunderbird V8

Pinks All-Out

Reply #12
That was easily the best episode yet.  People actually raced their cars and didn't whine.  I really wanted to see that Grand National go against the Ford Pickup; it was badass.  Next season should be set up just like this.  Maybe do all the tryouts in one day like in All Out, then just choose cars to go against each other for money in a 3 out of 5 race for each episode.  No negotiating or anything; same rules as All Out.

Pinks All-Out

Reply #13
I am not a fan of that show.  There is too much uninteresting build-up with too little payoff.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars