Skip to main content
Topic: 1973/74 Mercury Cougar "For Sale" near my house. (Read 1618 times) previous topic - next topic

1973/74 Mercury Cougar "For Sale" near my house.

This cougar has been "for sale" for about a year and half, and its un-covered too. All 4 signs have been warped off, so I cant tell how much he wants for it. The last time I saw any amount on it, it was listed at $6300 obo. Just curious about the car, as I will always be about Cougars. Honestly, I think by next summer he'll chop the price in half. Just wondering what you guys think about this.

Here's a photo.

X
thats a little bit obscene, gotta let off a little steam.

Reply #1
It's probably worth what he was asking,if not more.Those are getting really rare.I don't see the price on that getting down to $3300.00.Good luck,though.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
It deserves better than to be sitting out in the weather with "for sale" signs on it for months or years.  If its condition is consistent with the way it looks in the photo, the price looks to be more than fair.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Reply #3
That's the '71-'73 body style, and with the small bumper it has to be a  '1 or '2. Being its a convert, all he'd have to do is put it on ebay and he'll get the money. If that car is as good as it looks in the pix, $6300 is a decent price... The '74s were tanks built on the Torino/Montego chassis and there were no converts...

Reply #4
I definately agree.

It needs to have a cover on it, stored in the garage and be sold privately on eBay.

The owner is NEVER home, and the car is parked with the bumper hanging over in the street. Uggh.. I seriously think he just wants the money. But, judging by the way he's presenting it... noone will be chomping at the bit to get this car... considering the economy we are in.

He needs to advertise this better.

I've been persuing, walking by, and taking a general photographic interest in this car, and the guy just seems to be unavailable for comment. If you were to just see this car, you couldnt get any more info other than its obviously "for sale". There's no written info on the signs, considering the guy doesnt bother to change them. Arrgh.
thats a little bit obscene, gotta let off a little steam.

Reply #5
Maybe his wife wants hime to sell it?

Beauty though.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #6
Quote from: NeonArena;114216
But, judging by the way he's presenting it... noone will be chomping at the bit to get this car... considering the economy we are in.

That's all the more reason for him to try ebay.  The economy is booming in many parts of the country.
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars