Skip to main content
Topic: I killed it. I did the impossible. (Read 1768 times) previous topic - next topic

I killed it. I did the impossible.

On the way home from work the other day I blew th engine in the Tempo. I was watching the exhaust come out the valve cover when I got home.

Now my question Besides the mirrors what else can I salvage off the car to use on the Cougar? Will the alternater swap over?

Reply #1
WHat year tampoon is it, that might help. Also not shure what motor your cougar has but if it is a 90-94 tempo I believe it has a 3G alt rhar should be 95amps. Out of the ones I've seen they have the same bolt pattern as the 5.0 alt. Not sure what else besides the mirrors but I know others will chime in. And yes I did call your tempo a Tampoon.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
Tempo is a 92 2.3L
Cougar is an 88 5.0L

Reply #3
If it's the 2-door tampon then the window moldings are the same. Save the alternator anyways.

Reply #4
Yup its a 2 door. Does that mean the glass is the same too?

Reply #5
Might be. Just grab the whole doors then you'll have the motor too.

Reply #6
There crank windows.

Reply #7
Grab the seats too

Reply #8
Considering they are the blue and grey TC seats I planed on it.:grinno:

Reply #9
Good deal. Can't you use the s. wheel too?

Reply #10
Manual windows are even better! Bunch of race-car heads at TF and NATO would pay for those!

Reply #11
Exhaust coming out of the valve cover?

My '94 Tempo blows hot air out of the oil fill hole while the engine is running, if you take the cap off. I figure that can't be a good sign but it runs great :dunno:

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #12
are you kiddin me? you can use 2dr tempo door glass and manual cranks in our doors??
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #13
I kinda doubt that...

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #14
I can see it in 83-86 cars - the shape of the door glass area is pretty close. I can't imagine it working in 87-88 models too...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣