Skip to main content
Topic: Factory snowflakes (Read 1064 times) previous topic - next topic

Factory snowflakes

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-88-Thunderbird-Turbo-Coupe-Wheels_W0QQitemZ220037409787QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43956QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Snowflakes didn't look like that from the factory, did they? I've never seen a snowflake with the black outlines in the centercaps, or the rim being quite that shiny. I like those but  thats a lot for some factory rims.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Factory snowflakes

Reply #1
Centercaps are off of an mn12.. they are plastic.
One 88

Factory snowflakes

Reply #2
yep , wrong center caps. they should have the machined aluminum ones that would match the finnish of the wheels. my guess would be they got pushed in or something so he subbed those in. i like the centers but they look retarded on those wheels. i came across a rim restorer/re manufacturer that had some of these for sale in like new condition. my mach 1 wheels have the same machine finnish to them, i love the look of machine/tool marks in the finnish.

for that kind of money though, id definetly put that toward some beter wheels. as nice as they are, they are still snowflakes, an ugly @$$ wheel imho.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Factory snowflakes

Reply #3
It kinda looks like the wheels are polished and the centers aren't. The wheels are alum so they are eazy to polish but how do you polish the stainless center cap? I don't know. Never know those could be the factorys next to those polished rims it is hard to tell.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Factory snowflakes

Reply #4
Those caps are the plastic MN12 caps. The stainless snowflake/10-hole cap does not have the plastic "Bird" emblem. Come to think of it, those emblems would look ed fine in the snowflake caps if they'd fit...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Factory snowflakes

Reply #5
yep you are right I looked at the big pics and see you are right. should I bow and tell you I'm not worhty? LOL
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Factory snowflakes

Reply #6
Yes. Yes you should :shakeass:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Factory snowflakes

Reply #7
Yes, that is what they looked like when they were new, other than that center cap which has been addressed. :grinno:

I recently sold a set of new take offs from an '87 Turbo Coupe that I had been storing since 1989. They only had about 1,500 miles on them and they looked just as shiny as these do.
With the original tires on them I got $450.00 for them.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built