Skip to main content
Topic: SS rear brake hoses! (Read 2550 times) previous topic - next topic

SS rear brake hoses!

Just got the first production set in from Classic Tube. Stainless Steel 3-piece rear brake hose with NEW brackets! (87-88 TC rear discs) Again, they are 50-State DOT legal, and I'll announce pricing on the website shortly. I told you I was still working on NEW parts for these cars. :D  :birdsmily:

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #2
Sweet! I vote Michael to be the first. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #4
Quote from: 88turbo;107814
I'd run them but I dont have rear brakes :(

I'd say let him try them and give him some brakes before he kills somebody.

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #5
Quote from: 88turbo;107814
I'd run them but I dont have rear brakes :(

Geez Graham, does anything work on your car? :(
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #6
I already have rear stainless lines ;)
It's Gumby's fault.

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #7
So what keeps these from working on a mark rear?
One 88

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #8
So whats the price I need a pair

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #9
I have no idea whether or not the work on a Mark rear. I know the front's work on the Mark. The BIG deal is that they are DOT 50-state legal, so if you're in a state like mine that has inspections you are OK.
They're going to be $124.99 for the set, and the front and rears together will be $199.

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #10
Quote from: Ether947;107822
Geez Graham, does anything work on your car? :(

the power antenna does :D  lol  power brake conversion is on the list but I can make do for now have been for the last year.

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #11
I know they will work on the 91-92 Mark rear, but the 84-90, i couldnt tell ya.
It's Gumby's fault.

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #12
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;107853
The BIG deal is that they are DOT 50-state legal, so if you're in a state like mine that has inspections you are OK.

Wow, you must have some strict inspections or some smart inspectors - we have an annual inspection here, and I can't imagine the inspectors even noticing ss brake lines, much less knowing whether they're legal or not (and I say this as a former inspector - all licensed mechanics are qualified to be inspectors :pbb: On an aside, you'd be surprised what passes when you sign your own stickers :cool:)

I've always laughed at our "safety inspection" procedure anyway. Take brake lines, since we're on that subject: A brake line could be completely rotted, but if it doesn't leak we're not allowed to fail it. If a car's pads are worn right into the rotors too bad - we're not allowed to pull wheels and actually look at the brakes. If the park brake works and pressing the pedal stops the car it passes. Some "safety", huh? :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #13
Suprisingly they only inspect you in some areas of the state (ie-Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia). Out here in nowheres-ville they don't care (which is why I live here with my wouldn't pass in a million years roller motor SC50 emissionsless TC). From what I have had to go through with though, they care about safety stuff only, as in, cracked windshield, bad brakes, leaking gas, etc.

SS rear brake hoses!

Reply #14
-sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.............
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool: