Skip to main content
Topic: Look at the 10 year difference (Read 3538 times) previous topic - next topic

Look at the 10 year difference

Well, i had to help my buddy geordan change shocks on his '78 T-bird today... :nkhk:  so yeah afterwards i got some good pics of the difference

and in the video, Zae doesnt know how to tape with my camera... so you only hear the tailend of my revvs

Geordans sounds like pop cans..mines mellow and deep

I also got a new toy today.. ill get some pics of it up in a lil later

Reply #1
, much more of a difference than if you were to put a '97 Bird next to your car.

From 57 to 67 to 77 to 87 to 97, considering everything (looks, technology, materials, etc) I wonder which 10-year difference would be the most over the others for the TBird.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #2
I guess that makes it easy to see how much advanced our 'Aero' birds and cats were for thier time.

Reply #3
WOW,big difference !!!!I like that body style.They're getting hard to find also.Tell him to fix his headlight doors.On the driver's side fenderwell,towards the front,there's a small little "disc" with two vaccuum lines in,and two out.Inside that little disc (it twists to manually open the doors incase of a problem),there are two tiny O-rings.replace them and there you are.I had three of those 'Birds.All had the same problem.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Quote from: vinnietbird;107403
Tell him to fix his headlight doors.

it would help if he had them ;)

Quote from: Cougars 2 go;107380
, much more of a difference than if you were to put a '97 Bird next to your car.

i could do that with a 91 cougar :D

sry for the py arse pics. will get more tomorow

but i just got a '91 cat in trade for some stuff i had laying around. its a base model.. and i betcha only can guess what it has under the hood :pbb:

anybody have a spare 3.8?

heres the pics.. i will get better ones

this thing sounds like a helicopter.. and i believe it has a spun rod bearing or some dumb shiznit.. but meh.. it was free who cares?

if it goes under there is always EBAY :shakeass:

Reply #6
Quote from: 88turbo;107411
alright gimme the 78 town landau :evilgrin:

meh,you'll have to get through me first :D that guy is attached to his car like any one of us.. he'll have that thing burried with him

Reply #7
thats how I would be if I could find one :( I think I would almost give up 88turbo for one.  I said almost :flip:

Reply #8
My uncle had a black '78 Bird with a tan interior. Wish he still had it.
After owning it since new, he sold it to a junkyard for $25 in 1995.

Reply #9
thats how I would be if I could find one :( I think I would almost give up 88turbo for one.  I said almost :flip:
There's one up here (77)...
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/213380644.html
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #10
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;107410
it would help if he had them ;)

Is he looking for a pair? its a little ways to ship but I could probabally dig up a pair for cheep.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #11
he has 1 but i think i got another laying around somewhere... i just dont know where...

ill let him know

Reply #12
Hey, I know that car :D

1978 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau.
351 mod... not for long :beatyoass:

Reply #13
what a weird coincidence, theres a person in the same excact place as u, drives the same car as u, and has the same friends as u....hey! wait a minute! u might now him...by the way, welcome to the board, ill be your residential moron.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Reply #14
Exactly hahaa

I need to get Clayton to get some more pics of this beast up on here.

1978 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau.
351 mod... not for long :beatyoass: