Skip to main content
Topic: Federally Mandated Stability/Traction Control? (Read 4120 times) previous topic - next topic

Federally Mandated Stability/Traction Control?

Reply #45
Naww, I ain't gonna lock it. It wouldn't be fair, and would be an abuse of admin powers to lock a thread simply because I don't agree with what's being said in it. If Chuck (the thread starter) wants it locked because it's been hopelessly derailed I'll do it, but I'm not about to go closing threads because people are arguing with me. I called him stupid, he called me stupid, so we're square. I'm not about to flex my admin muscles (the only muscles I have, BTW) in order to win an argument...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #46
I was joking, really. I know we could always ask someone else to lock it. :p

And yes, I figured you for the type that wouldn't just lock a thread to get the last word in a situation like this. (or would avoid locking the thread to avoid the appearance of foul play) That probably didn't come out the way I intended it, but it was meant as a positive statement.

Reply #47
I wouldn't mind not seeing this post pop up whenever I click "New Posts" :D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #48
If it saves lives.............. I don't see the problem here. There always have been and always will be sketchy drivers on the road. I bet this kind of discussion was had a lot when seat belts were made mandatory. And ABS. A lot of people don't like ABS because you're leaving a skill in the hands of the car. The fact is, ABS cars stop shorter in panic stops, when 95% of drivers would lock the brakes. Airbags?

It has pretty much happened already. Almost every vehicle over $15G has some sort of stability/traction control already. Besides, with performance cars, you can disable these functions when you don't want them.

It's just the next natural Nader step.

Reply #49
Carm-
Well I stopped reading this a while ago...but if it's derailled into nonsense, feel free to put the lock on it.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo