Skip to main content
Topic: New heads going on tomorrow.... (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

New heads going on tomorrow....

I have an '86 H.O in the car,and it runs great with the Explorer intake and other mods.Really strong engine.The bad part,it has E-6 heads.Tomorrow I'm going to install my ported E-7 heads,and figured I may as well add my new water pump since I have it sitting on the bench doing nothing.It'll also be a good time to shine up all the polished aluminum.It's a lot easier when the parts are off the car.I'm timing myself on this swap.I'm shooting for 2 hours start to finish.We'll see.I don't have a/c or smog stuff to worry about,that makes the job a little easier.I'll let you know if I can meet my goal.No real point to the post,just sharing a little progress with everyone.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
well i am all for it man just let us know how it goes and if it was worth the swap
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

Reply #2
You all will be the first to know.The heads are really well done,beehive springs and all.I figured this would be the time to install a few things that I've put off doing.Water pump,new set of roller lifters,and new push rods.I thought it would be best to do it all at once instead of tearing everything apart over and over.I kind of dread this ordeal,but,after it's done,more power will more than make up for the effort involved.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
oh yeah if the heads have a good port job then the work will be well worth it for shur
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

Reply #4
Well,I knew I spoke too soon.I have a school function with my son today.!!!!!!Hopefully Next tuesday on my day off.More news as it happens.

Reply #5
Have fun, take your time and.............:ttiwwp:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
I'll take pics from start to finish when I tear into it.Before,during,and after.I promise.