Skip to main content
Topic: Bracket Bushings for TV cable (Read 1201 times) previous topic - next topic

Bracket Bushings for TV cable

Does anyone know if Ford still sells the plastic bushings that go into the TV cable bracket?  This bracket is mounted to trans bell housing.  Has anyone replaced these parts before?
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #1
I had to replace that bushing back in 2001 or so. I went to the local Ford dealership, asked them about it, and they gave it to me. I have no idea if they still make 'em. Try calling your local Ford dealership and asking the service department. Get two of 'em if you can. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
They still sell them.They are made of brass now.If you send me your address,I'll send you one.I have a couple in a bowl on the bench.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
Are there bushings down there too? It's usually the ones up at the throttle body that go bad. My TV linkage seems to be all metal rods and little ball-joints. Are you perhaps referring to the shift linkage, specifically the bushing in the oily yellow bracket that the cross-bar goes through (bushing hidden by the slotted part of the "Shifter link"?
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #4
My mistake,I was thinking the bushing on the throttlebody.I may have the rod assembly,I'll check.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #5
Wow..awesome picture MasterBlaster.  In your pic, the plastic bushings (mine were green plastic) go into the bracket that the "TV Links" are attached to. The bushings allow the bracket to rotate on the bolt, which is attached to transmission. I just checked with Ford parts and the bushings are discontinued :(
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor

Reply #6
Okay, more of a "bellcrank" than a bracket.
Mine are the same color. I kicked up the green to show them.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #7
Yep....those are the ones.  I'm trying to have some custom made and I will let everyone know how they turn out.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor