Skip to main content
Topic: unwanted (bloody ridiculous) attention (Read 1240 times) previous topic - next topic

unwanted (bloody ridiculous) attention

I got pulled over today for doing 25 mph on my own street. The cop was waiting at the entrance of my street. He said it looked like I turned the corner a little fast. I said "You're joking right? I was in second gear with the clutch pushed in as I coasted around the corner right in front of you." He told me a neighbor called and complained about a grey car going too fast down our street... Then he told me my pipes were a little loud (my neighbor's diesel Excursion is louder than my car). I think he was expecting to pounce on a teen-ager and not a 40 year old home owner in his driveway. There was no ticket, he just told me I should drive slower. Sheeesh, any slower and I'd be idling.

I dont really blame the cop here, he was just following up a complaint... But I sure the hell wish I knew which British cigarette neighbor doesn't like my car so I could call thier SUV/mini-van drivin' ass in for speeding!

And that's the other thing... If I had been in my wifes mini-van turning a corner at 15 mph he wouldnt have even looked at me. Just thought I'd share:yuck:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #1
I wish people would do 25 on my street. Speed limit is 45 and people tend to read it as 60 if we're lucky.

Reply #2
Not that I personally advocate this.....but...a few nails will work wonders ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
We live out in the boonies and people go 55 or more on our road....it's not marked for a speed limit because it's an agriculturaly zoned road.
I have to be careful letting the kids ride their bikes because of some of the people that like to drive fast around here.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #4
Quote from: Dogcharmer
But I sure the hell wish I knew which British cigarette neighbor doesn't like my car so I could call thier SUV/mini-van drivin' ass in for speeding!

Get it sideways and hold it that way for the length of the street at about 3am on a sunday morning, that should teach them :D
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #5
man i hate neighboors that dont mind there business i got two quick storys

when we first moved into the neighboorhood we moved our house over here and we were gathering stuff to remodel it and some neighboor called and complained that ourhouse was an unpleasing to the eyes so the land lord gave us so many days to bring it up to par when i found out who it was i was pissed because there house was even worse then our and still is they never fixed it

and another story i was in my bird before the wreck leaving the "hood" lol and i was cruising out one guy came out to the street and told me to slow down i was only doing 15 i told him i was in first gear with 3.73 gears and 26in tires jsut cause it sounded like i was going fast dosnt mean i was he he looked at me puzzled and said whatever so i drove about 10 feet away from him and gave him a smoke show lol it was great  but that was then i handle things diffrently now
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

Reply #6
See, I live in the country, well as country as northeastern MD gets. No association, neighbors don't care nor complain. My neighbor to the right works on boats so he's always out making noise with the motors, my neighbor on the left has a '69 Road Runner that he blasts up and down the road from time to time. So not only that but everyone around here who has a pickup has aftermarket exhaust.

It's a 35 mph speed limit along my road but it's never patrolled and since it is a country road people including myself are never going that slow.

I hate 'communities'. I couldn't live in one.

Reply #7
I hate 'communities'. I couldn't live in one.

Amen to that. 

Talk about freedoms being restricted.  Your local homeowner's association is more guilty of that than the government.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #8
Quote from: jkirchman
Talk about freedoms being restricted.  Your local homeowner's association is more guilty of that than the government.

I second that one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #9
homeowner's association = cult

They creep the hell outta me, like the town in edward scissor hands *shudder* its just not right.
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #10
Quote from: Dogcharmer
I dont really blame the cop here, he was just following up a complaint... But I sure the hell wish I knew which British cigarette neighbor doesn't like my car so I could call thier SUV/mini-van drivin' ass in for speeding!

And that's the other thing... If I had been in my wifes mini-van turning a corner at 15 mph he wouldnt have even looked at me. Just thought I'd share:yuck:

I'm with ya, dude.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #11
right after I put my 3" pipes on I took it for a short drive and since I didnt have tail pipes on it was somewhat loud.  I turned a corner and this guy ran out to the street yelling at me to slow down I was barely moving so I pointed at my speedo and he yelled something smart at me as I kept going.  this same guy yelled at me before for going the speed limit when he was out with his little girl.  some people need to learn how to teach their young kids to stay out of busy streets

Reply #12
I believe if you call the station they have to give you the name of the person complaining. Its not as annoymous as people think ;)

Me and my friend were in his 00 v6 mustang ( far from fast or loud ) and some old guy comes jumping out infront of him, telling him to slow down and if he wasnt going so fast he wouldnt of had to lock his breaks up to stop. haha, We "kindly" told him if he wasnt jumping out infront of us he wouldnt have had to slam his breaks on neither and hes a  moron for doing so. Then came a smoke show :cool: