Skip to main content
Topic: Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics..... (Read 46661 times) previous topic - next topic

Friday the 6th.....3-30-14 new pics.....

Reply #180
the struts are 24 inches long.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #181
Well, the Sport seems to be running fine now. I guess all the battery needed was a slow charge. It's nice to be back in it, and not using the Escape so much. The Bird is a lot more fun, and it was built to be a driver.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #182
Polished intakes and dd don't mix but what else would u do with your spare time. Lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #183
The only polished stuff under my hood these days is the tank and throttle body  of my intake (the rest is black wrinle powder coat), my throttle body spacer, and my Mass Air meter. I just removed the polished 3G the other day. Toning it down a bit.

I want to drive the car a lot, and be able to spray some cleaner on the engine and hose it off, yet having it look great, but look more "factory", even though it isn't.

Reply #184
That's why my valve covers are black now, the polished ones were killing me. Lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #185
I am planning on doing my current valve covers in black wrinkle finish, or, I have the old standby...Newly powder coated Cobra valve covers....real Cobra covers, not the finned aluminum. The black double walled steel variety.

Reply #186
Well, this update is a small one, but still an update......

I got the new transmission Saturday. Built for 400 ft lb torque and 400 horsepower. I felt pretty sure that it could handle the Sport just fine. I still have to grab a new clutch (funds are GONE). I also have new rear air shocks in route (Stang pieces....I'll use the ChuckW adapters for them), and new gas struts to replace the used and worn ones I used to mock up and install on my trunk lid. Now to get the trunk release and light for the trunk lid.

I'll try to get a couple of updated pics up asap as well.

Reply #187
It's supposed to be 60 degrees today, which, at this time of the year, is warm. I'm going to install the new shock mounts, although my new rear shocks aren't here yet. I've got to re-align the trunk lid, but the driver side hinge has a loose bolt due to stripped threads, and I can't mange to find affordable replacements yet. Once that part is found and received, I'll remove the original and replace it.

The new transmission is still taking up space in the garage (shop). Funds aren't allowing a new clutch yet. Hopefully by the end of the month I will have some funds to pay on the heads, and grab a clutch. This whole idea of mine about not using funds from my paycheck really complicates things at times, but, it's how I've done it since day one, so, I'll continue on this journey as i have.

Gotta sell some parts and get some fundage and get this big puzzle together.

Reply #188
60?  that's toasty! it was 4 degrees here this morning!
Save a horse, ride a Cougrrr!
1988 Mercury Cougar - 5.0HO, 3G, AOD w/shift kit, 4.10 gears in 8.8, Mass Air, CAI, Pypes X-pipe, Pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, Pypes Violator lers
1997 Ford Mustang GT - stock
2000 Ford Ranger 4X4 4.0 - stock
2001 Mercury Grand Marquis- stock
2008 Ford Escape 4X4 - stock

Reply #189
Since I don't have my new shocks, I ran to Oreikkys and grabbed a hose kit for air shocks. I swapped all that out, and now I have to air them up. I'll get to that in a bit and test them out.

Yes, supposed to be 60 today. It's not there yet. High 40's right now I believe, and sunny. A little windy, but, I wasn't out for long. 30 minutes. So I didn't suffer much. LOL.

Reply #190
While there's a break in the rain, and the weather is up in the 50's, I'm going out to install the new shocks. Reporting in later...............

Reply #191
Rear shocks and ChuckW shock adapters are on. 2 new O2 sensors are on, full tank of gas. Dark outside, more later.

Reply #192
Tomorrow....wait, it's after midnight....so, later today, I'm going to get the fog lights on and the replacement trunk hinge, then I'll test the new trunk struts. I bought two 90# rated struts. I have a feeling they will be too stiff. If so, I'll order two more rated lower, then use these for something else. We'll see what happens.

Reply #193
Today's cs........

I cleaned the outside of the car. Didn't need much. I replaced the driver side trunk hinge, re-installed the trunk lid and got it repositioned. Installed the trunk light and trunk release. I installed the NEW trunk struts....No worky. Those new ones are way too strong. So, I'm going to shelve them for another project ....whatever that may be someday., and buy some that are a little more puny for the trunk. Probably two 40# struts. No big deal The ones from the boneyard will do fine til the new ones arrive.

After all of that, Gayle and I went for a little drive, and now it's couch time.

Reply #194
I think I'll go out and try to re-install my fog lights. I have the Hellas and their brackets boxed up and I can't find them, so, I bought some yellowish fog lights and painted up another set of brackets. I've been wanting to swap the Hellas anyway. We'll see how these do.