Skip to main content
Topic: Attention all forum members, please read. Problem solved, but still important! (Read 43238 times) previous topic - next topic

Attention all forum members, please read. Problem solved, but still important!

Reply #135
I'm in also, I don't post a lot but I could not have built my car without you. Marty

Reply #136
Maybe the donate button will be an option on the new software.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #137
So far we seem to do really well with our random fund drives....I would hate to see a donate button become one of those things that everyone sees, but nobody clicks on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #138
So we're $269.42 short to get the newest SW and mobile upgrayedd. $99.42 short for mobile only. How old is our current version?

Reply #139
Quote from: Haystack;439390
I want to send something in, but I dont want to paypal. If scott or one of the admins would take  money order payment, id be more then happy to.

I saw your post 45, I covered you,,, Remember the GRILL you sent us (my son when he had his minor front end bump?)

Reply #140
The mobile app is not going to keep the site running where as the software update will so first things first.  We are short by $119.42 for the software upgrade so I say we go for it now while there are a few people that are willing to donate now.  Twelve people X $10 or six people X $20 will get it squared up.  Once that is accomplished then a donation radio button can be put at the top of the page so that those who want to use a mobile app can donate.  I do not use the mobile app as I prefer a larger screen to work with so the mobile app is not important to me but I do understand that some folks really enjoy it.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #141
Quote from: jcassity;439460
I saw your post 45, I covered you,,, Remember the GRILL you sent us (my son when he had his minor front end bump?)

THe grill you didnt use? :p.

Thank you.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #142
Worked late today, so just a quick update. We're up to $1013.82. You guys continue to amaze me.

Still haven't gotten an invoice for the four years from URLJet. If I don't by tomorrow I'll write again
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #143
I would really like to donate to this, but I'm flat broke at the moment.  Pinching pennies everywhere I can reasonably do so, and am once again considering selling some parts.  If a donate button is added in the future, I'll try to contribute something.
Brian Leavitt
86 TC 5-Speed -- MS2x w/COP | 83lb. Injectors| T3/T4 50 Trim Stage 3 .63AR | Full 3" Exhaust - No Cat | Motorsport FMIC | Ranger Roller |
------------------------Ported E6 | Walbro 255HP | Kirban | Pierburg EBCV @ 20psi | BOV | 120-amp 3G | K&N Cone | 8.8" 3.55 rear |
87 TC 5-Speed -- Cone Filter | Bypassed BCS | Stock Daily Driver
66 Mustang -- Pertronix Ignition Upgrade | Slow-Mobile

Reply #144
hey just for shiznits and giggles, do you know how many people have made a donation?  Just curious what the average donation was.

Reply #145
Hey guys, sorry I didn't update sooner. Between tire season and the upcoming deer season, plus rebuilding a Dakota my brother gave me (he owed me shiznitloads of money, gave me this truck as a partial payment, I'm fixing it up and selling it, but trying to get it done before the snow flies so people will actually want it when it does snow) I haven't had much free time.

Anyway, the forum is saved. The grand total was $1013.12. That is enough to pay for the four years hosting, and a good portion of the software update. I will kick in the rest toward that update, so consider it done (I will have the software updated soon - one nice thing about URLJet is that they will do the update for us). Once again, on behalf of everyone, I thank you all.

There were donations directly to me from 26 people. That's counting Scott (Jcassity) but not anyone who donated to him. I'm sure he can chime in with how many donated to him. The average is probably around $30/person.

For those who wanted to donate but couldn't, whatever the reason, don't worry about it. Your intentions are just as good as your actions. Even if you couldn't donate money, you all contribute with the content that makes this site what it is.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #146
Ok, after not getting an invoice I called them tonight. They finally sent one, and I just paid it. We are now fully paid for four years. Once again, thanks everyone.

Reply #147
So where does that leave us with regards to how much is needed for the software upgrade?

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Reply #148
There is about $140 left. The software upgrade is $209 without mobile, $359 with it.

Reply #149
I just had an epiphany

with the extra funds...........PURCHASE ACCESS TO CARFAX . com........................  what do you all think?

im in  a junk  yard looking at a world class 3.8L pony with a 5speed yet I if I had carfax, I could know some history before I yank it.