Skip to main content
Topic: wireing disaster (Read 9105 times) previous topic - next topic

wireing disaster

Reply #30
Lets face it, you made a stupid mistake, but you are a smart kid and you will be able to sort this out if you take your time. Just go slow and take your time because if you rush this, its going to get screwed up again. You're more than likely going to have a bunch of burned out fuses also when your done. If you want to find the correct parts try using http://www.car-parts.com to find what you need nearest to you.

wireing disaster

Reply #31
The guy from yesterday that's parting his 87 cougar out is going to sell it to me so I'm just going to take all the parts and wires I need from there and put them on my 88

wireing disaster

Reply #32
20thanniversary? Yeah he's a good guy. Just keep in contact with us and we will try to help to the best of our ability, you chose a good car, just made a bad mistake.

wireing disaster

Reply #33
Screw the EVTM, I'm asking thunder chicken.
Cant beat that wiring diagram. and it's in color!
It does seem to me maybe someone may have hooked the battery terminals up wrong?
Since so much smoke came from everywhere.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

wireing disaster

Reply #34
well i guess we'll continue this after 20thanniversary andi work something out about his cougar id rather have the actual header that belongs there if availible so ill just wait for him

wireing disaster

Reply #35
why not buy his 87 cougar?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

wireing disaster

Reply #36
Sounds like the sale of his car is pending

wireing disaster

Reply #37
im going to but his 87 saturday hopefully
it has something wrong with the linkage in the transmission
dnt know how much thats going to cost to fix

wireing disaster

Reply #38
Like I said, its not broken or anything, just needs re-adjusting, its not that bad a problem. BTW,You have a pm;)
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

wireing disaster

Reply #39
He'll take good care of you. That'd be a pretty good car to play around with.... No more cutting wires though!

wireing disaster

Reply #40
ok you guys i found the right front header pannell but now i need the wireing re done. i stripped everything out of the car. dash, seats and carpet. the whole fuse box is melting and a lota wires are melted too, a few good wires but not many.. theres an 87 cougar at a local salvage place. a "u-pull-it" id have to pull the wires out of the salvage car myself. should i just un-plug the wires from the harnesess under the hood and just plug them to the same harnesess under my hood or how should i go about doing this??

wireing disaster

Reply #41
Best thing to do As I think, would be to pull them one by one make sure the color of the wires that you pull match the wires that you are replacing. Try not to cut anything if you don't have to, If you do, use electrical connectors instead of just tape.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

wireing disaster

Reply #42
its at a salvage yard and my car cant move so i dont know exactly wich ones i need and wich ones i dont. but theres a bunch of harnesses under the hood that lead through a hole in the firewall that goes into the firewall so can i just unplug them and pull them out through the firewall and reconnect the new set the same way??

wireing disaster

Reply #43
Yea, you should be able to. What size motor do you have?
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

wireing disaster

Reply #44
3.8 v6