Skip to main content
Topic: anybody NOT have belt moldings on their car? (Read 9411 times) previous topic - next topic

anybody NOT have belt moldings on their car?

Reply #15
Hey, not to jack the thread, but I just converted to 5 lug wheels and can't use those wheels anymore.  I have the wheels with the tires sitting in the garage, so they could be for sale if someone is interested.  They need a really thorough polish, but other than that they're perfect.

Reply #16
Oh hell yeah now I'm convinced. These things are coming off. Thanks guys.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #17
Leave the trim on until you're going to paint the car. It's a be-yotch to pull them and the likelihood of scratching up the paint is pretty high. If I ever find NOS or like new trim,it's going back on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
Oh yeah I know but paint is going to be the LAST thing I do to this car so it could be a while. I'm thinking about just pulling them off and rattle canning it since half my current paint job is rattle can anyway:rolleyes:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #19
Quote from: Chuck W;349531

Nice wheels, they go great on cats and birds
Did you purposely line the lugs up on the wheels to match each other?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #20
and the vert
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #21
and the wing on the trunk will be up for grabs soon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
Good call on giving up the wing Jerry. Those wheels look better on our cars than on Stangs.LOL
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #23
Quote from: vinnietbird;349636
Good call on giving up the wing Jerry. Those wheels look better on our cars than on Stangs.LOL

How much are you offering him for the wing Vinnie??
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #24
Quote from: hypostang;349639

:laughing:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #25
yea, I would have taken it off already, but there's 5 nice size holes I have to fix after it comes off...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #26
Very nice Eric, I love the side exhaust.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #27
Quote from: hypostang;349639

A spoiler will never be bolted to the trunk of the Sport.They look wrong on the Birds,especially the 87/88's with the shortest trunk lids.Cougars can pull it off better,but they don't need them. The natural lines are great.Before the repaint,there will be a slight trunk mod or two though.I'll leave it at that for now.

Reply #28
Quote from: vinnietbird;349652
A spoiler will never be bolted to the trunk of the Sport.They look wrong on the Birds,especially the 87/88's with the shortest trunk lids.Cougars can pull it off better,but they don't need them. The natural lines are great.Before the repaint,there will be a slight trunk mod or two though.I'll leave it at that for now.

I was ribbin ya a little , I know how you feel about spoilers :)

Myself I like the FMS style on a four eyed Bird
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #29
does the fms fit on a 87/88 rear end?
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L