Skip to main content
Topic: I finished my cup holder..... (Read 4760 times) previous topic - next topic

I finished my cup holder.....

Reply #30
Here is a solution as well...

Reply #31
I did what I could, with what I had, for uber cheap, and have it come out decent looking and functional (in my own opinion) without making permanant mods to the car and keeping it easy to put back to stock.. I also thought it has a factory-ish look to it. Thanks Kitz for the cap (without Kitz, the Sport would NOT be where it is today).. The console lid was dry and had those fine little cracks all over it......like it had been sun baked for 22 years. Oh,it had been sun baked for 22 years.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
Quote from: Watchdevil;332405
Here is a solution as well...

THAT cup holder wouldn't even fit in the Sport.........holy .
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
So that was your idea, That cap does look like a cushion lid. You know I got that about 6 years ago and never new what it was. Glad you put it to use.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #34
Yep,that's it. I was actually hoping for two holders in the lid,but,the only way to do that was to use two that are made more for cans,which I rarely have,so,one cup console lid.I'm still adapting.I like it,but whether or not it's permanent,time will tell.

Reply #35
I did a search and easily turned up cup holder inserts available that are designed to just drop in a round hole, like for pool tables, RV's and those loungey couches...

Reply #36
I saw those as well. That's what I bought.The one I have was the only one that I saw that was deep enough,and the right diameter to hold a cup that one might get through a drive-up window somewhere..

Reply #37
Quote from: vinnietbird;332462
I saw those as well. That's what I bought.The one I have was the only one that I saw that was deep enough,and the right diameter to hold a cup that one might get through a drive-up window somewhere..

Buy a small/medium instead of a large? ;)
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #38
Hmmm, interesting.

Definitely looks really good vinnie. Far cry from what I was planning...I wasn't sure where you were gonna take this.

That just wouldn't work for me though. My arm is always right there. My 96 had cupholders in the armrest, and I couldn't stand those, so I switched to the in-console  ones. That is what I plan on doing to the 88 too.

As long as you are satisfied with it though, and you seem to be, then what could be better:D
Good work
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #39
Vinnie you got a hole in your armrest!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #40
I "built" it with the intention of not making any permanent alterations.It works fine,not in the way,and I don't have drinks with me hardly ever.It's a "just in case".

Reply #41
Quote from: Kitz Kat;332487
Vinnie you got a hole in your armrest!

Yep.....a deep black hole of cup holding goodness.LOL.

Reply #42
You could just fill it up and use a straw.. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #43
Cool idea. I'll need a long straw though. LOL

Reply #44
Quote from: daminc;332516
You could just fill it up and use a straw.. lol

This is the best solution to the cup holder issue, ever. That or stick a bladder in the map pocket and snake a straw up and around to face position. You guys know you want to try it!
1988 Thunderbird Sport