Skip to main content
Topic: Ubuntu... (Read 3563 times) previous topic - next topic

Ubuntu...

Reply #15
I've heard nothing but good about 7, in fact, a friend on facebook was selected to be a beta tester, and he loved it, as well.

I might just wait till it is released.
I don't have a prob with my XP....I just want to try something new.

I remember when XP first was released, and how  it sucked at first, but it was light-years better than the ME that was on the computer I had then. I don't care what anybody says about XP....they never truly suffered an OS unless they experienced ME, for sure. Microsuck, what IN the blue hell were you thinking with ME? :flip:

Millenium Edition:25 pounds of mashed assholes in a 5 pound sack
XP: rather decent, if you start with Pro, and keep the bugs and that ed SeaPort out of it...

PS, Eric, thanks for moving the thread :bowdown:..I was thinking about it a few hours after I posted, and realized it should've went here :punchballs::rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Ubuntu...

Reply #16
LOL
You never truly experience a bad OS until you used the first release of 95....Or better yet Dos 4........ oh yea, bad times.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Ubuntu...

Reply #17
Quote from: EricCoolCats;294376
s.

Then in my new job here, I have been using Windows 7. It's been about six weeks now. And let me tell you...not only is it stable, but I actually LIKE it. Not having ever used Vista, I can't do a direct comparison but coming from XP it's like a breath of fresh air...

Per a computer guy(software developer) that posts on another board I frequent, W-7 is nothing more than Vista with a few up dates... Says it looks very similar to Vista...

Me, I'm probably gonna use XP as my main operating system as long as I'm alive(I used ME from '00 till '07)... I do have a box with Vista on it and it does seem to work fine, I just ain't interested in another M$ operating system... Also on that 'puter I have Linux Mint(close relative to Ubuntu), installed in a dual boot configuration... If you do nothing, it boots to Mint, but Vista can be selected from the startup screen... So far it works fine and almost totally configures it's self on install... I did try it stand alone on a second 'puter and it couldn't get the display drivers set up correctly... Still on two others it installed just fine...

Ubuntu...

Reply #18
Vista is a loaded down . Basically XP revisited. When XP came out people were paying to have it removed because of how slow it was. Vista takes over 1 1/2 minutes to load up OOTB on my wifes dual core laptop. Windows 7 is supposed to be vista without all the user friendly stuff. Basically, vista/xp drivers and windows 98 put together.

Sounds alot like 2000 to me.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com