Skip to main content
Topic: Aftermarket hoods (Read 4400 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Aftermarket hoods

Reply #15
I've always thought the '83-86 thunderbirds looked good with a cowl hood. The '87-88's, I dunno...the car has such flowing lines that it seems like a cowl hook kinda messes them up. It would be pretty sweet if you could get a heat extractor hood though.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #16
There was a dude up in Canada named Andy Cap that used to make Cobra R-style hoods for our cars. He disappeared a few years ago though.

Reply #17
maybe you could hack this one up for the 89-93 birds that cervinis makes?

Reply #18
not even close to fitting, would be a waste of fiberglass
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #19
That one you made looks actually pretty cool. The cowl needs a slight curve, the straightness takes away from it. nice work though, how did you do it. I want one for mine.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #22
As far as "aftermarket hoods" go, I'd have to say that Crystal has us ALL beat!
'86 cougar gone to the big yard.
'86&'88 Jeep Comanches.

Reply #23
thats not an aftermarket hood, its factory, just has a little work done to it
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #24
Quote from: Tbird232ci
thats not an aftermarket hood, its factory, just has a little work done to it

I know it's just a modified factory hood, (hence the quotation marks around "aftermarket hoods") but it's still IMO one of the best looking hoods I've seen.
'86 cougar gone to the big yard.
'86&'88 Jeep Comanches.

Reply #25
IMO I hate louvres. They ruin a car. That one I will make an exception for.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #27
Quote from: cougrrr302
IMO I hate louvres. They ruin a car. That one I will make an exception for.

Indeed. :hick: