Skip to main content
Topic: TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!! (Read 5054 times) previous topic - next topic

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #30
If you want to change the lers out later, then you better get some of those band/strap clamps to hold them on with. If you put them on with regular clamps, be prepared for a struggle when you try to take them off. I wish I woulda done that as I went through 3 sets of lers before finding ones I really liked on my car.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #31
well the exhaust is finished for the most part, tail pipes are on and it sounds awesome...  not as loud as I thought it was going to be...  but something hits when I go through a dip :dunno:  I'll post pics later today when I can get some batteries for the cam.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #32
*UPDATE*    car runs like  and I think it might be due to the flowmasters, I dont know if they plugged up or what the deal is but I make no power  the boost shows on the guage but the car bogs when it comes into boost but if you work the throttle just right the car will launch for a second.  I've checked fuel pressure changed fuel pumps to a walbro 255lph checked timing at the distributor and the timing belt and also checked the intercooler hoses.    I dont know what else to do except for change the FPR again or try some different lers.  any ideas?    and I'd like to beat the ignorant person that welded my lers on.....  :beatyoass:

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #33
Did you disconnect or even just loosen the exhaust prior to the lers? What happened?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #34
Yeah drop that downpipe and see how she runs. Also would a glasspack be stright enough flow for a turbo app? I wonder what that would sound like? Any how sucks to here about the problems. Hope you get it figured out.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #36
the only other thing I can think of is maybe I left something stuffed in the intake the last time I had it apart.  I think I'll be pulling the upper intake today and find out. cant hurt anything to look.  also I was checking the tps with my volt meter and when I hooked it up the engine idled down and ran smooth and didnt hesitate when I reved it, maybe my 1 year old tps is bad?  really sucks being so far away from all of my extra parts :(  I'll try to pull those lers loose and see what happens

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #37
Quote from: 88turbo;108558
the only other thing I can think of is maybe I left something stuffed in the intake the last time I had it apart.  I think I'll be pulling the upper intake today and find out. cant hurt anything to look.  also I was checking the tps with my volt meter and when I hooked it up the engine idled down and ran smooth and didnt hesitate when I reved it, maybe my 1 year old tps is bad?  really sucks being so far away from all of my extra parts :(  I'll try to pull those lers loose and see what happens

any updates? just curious to see how everything is going
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #38
havent had a chance to get under the car to take the lers loose but I have decided that its not the PCV.  I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow if the weather is nice.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #39
Unless someone stuffed a couple of rags in your lers, thats not the problem.  Mabey your cat collapsed or its just plain plugged. And check the Intake if you think you may have left something in there!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #40
Quote from: Birdman;109243
Unless someone stuffed a couple of rags in your lers, thats not the problem.  Mabey your cat collapsed or its just plain plugged. And check the Intake if you think you may have left something in there!

I was thinking about the intake thing, I usually stuff something in there to keep me from dropping things down it....  ever since that one day... :shoothead  dropped a v/c bolt and could figute out where it went, turned out it bounced off the v/c and down the intake and got stuck in #1 intake valve made me want to cry.  if I get alittle time I'll pull the upper intake and fish down the lower with some wire and see what I find.  btw I'm not running a cat. just straight 3" to the split.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #41
Okay.... Even with flowmasters, Even if they are intalled backwards there shouldnt be enough backpressure to cause what you described.  Have you pulled codes at all?
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #42
I pulled the upper intake today and didnt find anything left in there but I did find one of the wires on the TPS pulled out so i fixed the wire and reinstalled the upper intake and took it for a drive and now I have BOOST!!!!!!!  I'm almost afraid of the car now.....

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #43
thank goodness! :grinno:
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #44
Glad to hear you got it running good!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.