Skip to main content
Topic: TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!! (Read 5228 times) previous topic - next topic

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #15
the mustang hangers look like the ones on my dads 83 tc.  so everything is going to have to be welded up to make it work as far as hangers

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #16
when i did mine i had removed them from an lx stang. i dont know what brand of tail pipes they were but the bends were all wrong. i ended up cutting them up and micky mousing someauto zone exaust bends into them. they fit ok now but are a mess.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #18
Flowmasters on a 2.3T? 

[Nelson]HA HA![/Nelson]

Definitely not my first choice.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #19
Quote from: Chuck W
Flowmasters on a 2.3T? 

[Nelson]HA HA![/Nelson]

Definitely not my first choice.

why not?

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #20
Chambered lers on a turbo motor is generally a no-no....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #21
you'd be better off with a straite through design like a magnaflow or something. and the chambers i think slow down spool time because they dont flow as well. the guy who owned my TC before me had 40series on it and  they wernt all that great.

if you havent installed em, u may be able to return them and get another type, and also, have you fitted up the tailpipes? id be interested in seeing how they look on the car. they are the stinger ones for tbirds rite?

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #22
stinger doesnt have them available for the tbirds yet so they are the 94-95 mustang tails.  So flowmasters wont be better than the stock ler I have on it now?  I guess what I need to know is if these lers will harm anything other than spool time.  I dont think returning them is an option since I got them from ebay.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #23
I'd also like to see how they look.  I had mine made at Meineke-bad mistake.  I had the entire exhaust put on there, but that was really the only "custom" thing they've done to it. Been there 4X already.  Gotta take it back again this week.  Found out from rattling that the right tailpipe is about to fall off.  I'm going to tell them to keep their tailpipes and give me my $303.  I've got the Hooker AeroChamber lers.  Are they a no-no?!!?!?!

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #24
I've got the dual exhaust kit from Stinger...Great buy, but where I had my exhaust done was a nightmare, seriously!

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #25
i dont think its going to hurt anything, its just that the exhaust gases go through the chambers and theirs alot of turbulance, where as the straite through ones just flow way better.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #26
I've heard that Flowmasters and other chambered lers sound really good on the turbo cars though. I've heard a couple cars with them (including stinger's old mustang) and I have to say I was impressed.

Anyway, one thing I forgot about the tailpipes- If you use mustang tailpipes, on the driver's side you will probably have to modify the Mustang hanger a bit (I had to cut mine, make it a little shorter, and reweld it). On the passenger side you have to cut the hanger off completely and put one on further down the pipe, because the one that's on there will hit the fuel filler neck. One nice thing is that there's a few threaded holes up in the frame to use just for this purpose, so it's not that hard to find a place to bolt a hanger to (I used universal hangers).

Anyway someone asked for a pic so here ya go. Sorry for the dirtyness, it was an older pic I already had on the computer. I have pictures of how I did the hangers too if anyone is interested.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #27
the lers that I have are flowmaster 40's  I dont see how they would restrict anything the way that they are made. 

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #28
the air runs into many "deflectors" and into many walls, which in a turbo car, is a no-no

i run a dynomax ultraflow, and i can see right htrough it
It's Gumby's fault.

TC Exhaust...SOLVED!!!!

Reply #29
when I install the exhaust I will have them weld everything but the ler so I can change it out later on.  I guess I should of researched alittle better but thats alright I have other uses for the flowmasters :D