Skip to main content
Topic: Fuse box diagram.... (Read 4026 times) previous topic - next topic

Fuse box diagram....

I can NOT find my owners manual. I know it's around here somewhere, but until I can find it, I need a good view of the diagram and where the radio fuse is. A list of all fuses would be good. I think I popped one.

The previous stereo worked great, but I wanted to upgrade to satellite capable radio, and have one of two issues, either the brand new stereo is bad, or zero power to the stereo.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #2
Thanks. It may be me, but I didn't see a fuse panel.

If it turns out to be something OTHER than a fuse, I guess I'll rewire the stereo and speakers as though the car never had a stereo or stereo wiring at all. Always something with this .
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #3
Fuse Box

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #4
i hooked up the adapter harness the same way I had it hooked to the JVC. I will go back through the wires tomorrow that I put together and double check them. Maybe one isn't connected well. Updates tomorrow.

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #5
THANKS for the pic!!  Looks like the number 11. I appreciate you guys.

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #6
Coolcats has one as well in the "technical library". Saved my ass a few times over the years when I had car issues.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #7
anyone else concure that these fuse blocks get **VERY HOT**

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #8
NO they should    NOT!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #10
i think you tom said it best almost a couple years ago.. the wiring in these cars are fairly adequate but the connectors / switches cause excessive current draw.

i see a couple fuse postions that have taken the tan plastic fuse block from Tan to a brown color.  maybe this was heat generated before i did my relay mods.

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #11
i think you tom said it best almost a couple years ago.. the wiring in these cars are fairly adequate but the connectors / switches cause excessive current draw.

i see a couple fuse postions that have taken the tan plastic fuse block from Tan to a brown color.  maybe this was heat generated before i did my relay mods.

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #12
I figure dit out.....this stereo, unlike my JVC, needs a separate ground to the steel frame. My JVC went to the plugs and good to go. Anyway, out of time now, so, Thursday, I should have it all installed and done. I did buy new adapter plugs and have the harness ready to go. I have to run the hidden antenna for the radio, satellite antenna, and the mic for bluetooth. I have NO idea where I'm going to put the satellite antenna. It's magnetic, but NOT going on the outside of the car. No wires are going to be dangling, and no tiny black box sticking out. I have to experiment. If it would work in the window, I'd hide it inside the third brake light, or under the header panel. One this is all in working order, I should have a JVC cd player with remote for cheap. No issues at all. Remote works fine as well.

Now, to get through the next three days of work, then my 4 days off, and getting the rest done on the Sport.

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #13
I affixed the flat, magnetic satellite antenna disc to the top of the third brake light housing with a small piece of double-sided moulding tape. Then tucked the wire along the edge of the package tray and down the side of the seatback to the floor. Never had a reception problem. It is barely visible in this pic. The white square at the top of the window is the inside half of the old-school thru-the-glass cell phone antenna box.

Fuse box diagram....

Reply #14
Is the reception good with your satellite antenna in the rear window? ? I had thought about, once I have it all hooked up, but not "installed", taking the antenna and putting it behind the header panel and seeing if it does well. if it does, I'd make a small "L" bracket from aluminum or mild steel and use it as a shelf affixed to the header panel support bracket.I don't want to see it at all. Also thinking about installing inside the third brake light assembly.