Skip to main content
Topic: Mach 1 chin spoiler (Read 1608 times) previous topic - next topic

Mach 1 chin spoiler

What do you have to do to get a Mach 1 chin spoiler to fit on my 87 bird turbocoupe?
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Mach 1 chin spoiler

Reply #1
Dry fit it. Pull the front wheels off first. Once you get it where you like it, screw it on, bolt it on, or make the push pins fit. You'll need to drill some holes either way. I used small bolts and washers. Then you'll need to cut the ends off. Otherwise, your tires will rub all over the spoiler ends. They extend a few inches too far.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mach 1 chin spoiler

Reply #2
Okay that doesn't sound too tough. Thanks for the help Vinnie. I seems like am pretty much idolizing your car with the wheels as well.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

Mach 1 chin spoiler

Reply #3
Oh btw, I see that there is a 94-98 option and a 99-04 option. Which one did you get?

Mach 1 chin spoiler

Reply #4
Not really sure. I just ordered a mach 1 spoiler and never looked back. I would bet they are about the same thing except for the mounting points may be different, which for our cars really doesn't matter since we are having to make the mounting points anyway.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..