Skip to main content
Topic: horsepower (Read 1681 times) previous topic - next topic

horsepower

how much horsepower will i be making with the HO conversion, plus ported E7TE heads with 1.6 roller rockers, 65mmtb, bbk shorties with 2.75 true dual exhaust, and a edelbrock performer intake manifold.
i just need a rough estimation how much horsepower i will be making.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

horsepower

Reply #1
6,935,543,634,543 rwhp.  But that's conservative.

I would say 250 at the crank...  Maybe 260 depending on how 'ported' the heads are.
Willpower is no match for Horsepower.

horsepower

Reply #2
haha ok, thanks! well, the heads are fully ported and im going to have the edelbrock performer intake manifold fully ported too..
so with those things fully ported, do you think i'll have 280hp at the engine?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

horsepower

Reply #3
who cares? numbers mean nothing. Youll learn that one day.
It's Gumby's fault.

horsepower

Reply #4
what do you mean numbers mean nothing?

horsepower

Reply #5
no
what do you mean numbers mean nothing?
numbers are only important for tuning, other than that are only good for gauging the size of your e-pen 15.

its all in how the car performs in real life man. dont get all hung up on numbers. most of the guys out there either lie or have a poor idea of how much they think they have cause they add advertised hp numbers off of freaking mag adds.....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

horsepower

Reply #6
Quote from: quicksilver
haha ok, thanks! well, the heads are fully ported and im going to have the edelbrock performer intake manifold fully ported too..

I stand with my 250 crank.
Willpower is no match for Horsepower.

horsepower

Reply #7
+1
i think David is real close. i wouldnt be dissapionted nor expect more.

edit:
if you are currently rolling around with the stock SO and you drop that in the car, as specially with some gears the car is going to be, er, quite different!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

horsepower

Reply #8
Your "2.75" dual exhaust is too big...your car will be a bit lazy below 2500rpm...don't go bigger than 2.5".  I agree, caring about how much "power" you'll be making is useless...I could probably run faster than you with 20 less horsepower.  Power numbers are worthless.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

horsepower

Reply #9
i believe amooset's sig has this quote in it

"How fast you go, has no bearing on your style"

that is what were talking about dude

you can have 300hp+ and still get beat.. its all in how you drive

horsepower

Reply #10
what kinda porting on the heads? bigger valves? eather way, with that combo you will be extreamly happy. when i did my HO t-5 swap i almost creamed my panties lol. its a major difference with it, in fact after i swapped the stuff i did bigger brakes because i drove like an asshole and couldnt stop quick enough lol.

horsepower

Reply #11
Quote from: shame302
numbers are only important for tuning, other than that are only good for gauging the size of your e-pen 15.

*drops his e-pen 15 on the table and breaks the table in half*

:p

horsepower

Reply #12
All this talk of e-pen 15es, and creamed-in-panties makes me think this may at least deserve a PG-13 rating, if not a NSFW..:giggle:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

horsepower

Reply #13
This needs a GBTW.. Get Back To Work :p

horsepower

Reply #14
Quote from: shame302
no

:laughing: :laughing: :rollin:
that ones fu@kin great:giggle:

so since just about everyone on this board wants me to run my car at the track to see just how fast it is..

so you mean if i did run my car at the track and it did turn a mid to high 11's or at least 116+MPH in the QTR my e-pen 15 would get bigger then it is allready is?:D damm i better get to the track then :flip: or i can do what i allways do and just let the person take my car for a spin.. a spin even that sounds funny to me since thats what my car wants to do most of the time when you smash the gas..:D  oops :sorry: there goes my e-pen 15 again..it allmost busted my laptop ;)

oh and since a 5.0HO makes a true 195-205HP@the wheels i say 225-235HP@the wheels

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz