Skip to main content
Topic: 83 TC last call (Read 1518 times) previous topic - next topic

83 TC last call

Reply #15
Quote from: bhazard
I can try to get the fenders and doors off. I think the doors might have the usual rust on the bottom. Not sure if its through.

Note, this car has power NOTHING. Except the mirrors.

Pleeeze try to pull anything decent before you s it....  Let us know how it goes and if you want to sell some box lots of smaller parts I'm sure there will be interest. If not..then the stuff can hit the dumpster.

I'd be interested in any pieces that are in nice to excellent condition.

Is the wiring harness intact? I need the alternator connectors.

Taillights? Body Trim? Interior Trim?
tbirdregistry.com

83 TC last call

Reply #17
No fender emblems, it used to have turbo emblems long ago but those are long gone.

Theres a guy at NATO whos interested in the whole car but has no rear end for it. Not sure if i wanna try to sell the whole car or part it out. It would be neat to see it on some site in a year or two all built up and stuff.

By the way the doors are rusted at the bottom of them. How much rust would you be willing to deal with?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

83 TC last call

Reply #18
No fender emblems, it used to have turbo emblems long ago but those are long gone.

Theres a guy at NATO whos interested in the whole car but has no rear end for it. Not sure if i wanna try to sell the whole car or part it out. It would be neat to see it on some site in a year or two all built up and stuff.

By the way the doors are rusted at the bottom of them. How much rust would you be willing to deal with?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust

83 TC last call

Reply #19
would the lower clamp front passanger and drivers side seatbelts fit an 88?
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

83 TC last call

Reply #20
Are the door bottoms rusted through?  Or can you still see where the drain holes at the back of the inside of the bottom door lip are?  Someone around here has a pic of what I'm talking about, I'm sure.  That area is a good indication of how far gone the doors are.

If the doors turn out to be too rusty, I could, if you're still wanting to part it out, just get the fenders.

83 TC last call

Reply #21
I am the guy on NATO interested in the whole thing. I can get my hands on a rear to sit it on to bring it home on a dolly/trailer, it just will not be the one I build it up with. If these deals fall through... let me know soon, I will probably be out to pick it up. I am interested!

Frank M.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/665379

1983 TurboCoupe-T3 .60/.63, 3" exhaust, Motorsport front mount, PJ, large VAM, green tops, 8.8" w/ 3.55's, 13.72@97mph
1985.5 SVO
1984 Fullsize Bronco- 300, NP435

83 TC last call

Reply #22
I just discovered that the strut towers are rotted out... Im gonna pull what I can off it and the rest is going to the sper :(

83 TC last call

Reply #24
I'm still interested in the fenders and doors if they're salvagable.  I need fenders worse than I need doors, but I'll take whatever I can get.

83 TC last call

Reply #26
Taillights are good, dirty but not busted, rear bumper cover as well.

Im trying to get the front header panel and bumper cover off, as well as the fenders, having problems reaching the nuts all the way to the outsides...

where you located badbird?

83 TC last call

Reply #27
i am in michigan. i have long enough extensions to get outside bolts, be very careful with header panel bolts.

83 TC last call

Reply #28
OK

The passenger side fender is rusted thru where it bolts up under the door, it could be fixed by welding a piece in though. Not sure about the drivers fender, ive almost got it off, but I doubt its worse than the other.

Front header panel is good besides the fact that i broke off one of the plastic pieces where the stud comes out. That could be JB welded back on or something.

Still working on getting the bumper cover off.

The doors are rusted thru at the bottom. They are manual locks and windows.

The clear front turn signals, the passenger side is good, the drivers side is all busted, which is a shame because they werent like that last year when that pic was taken...

Ifixyawata has dibs on the fenders and doors.
Rodsterh has dibs on the taillights.

Anyone else?

83 TC last call

Reply #29
Rear bumper, maybe wheels?