Skip to main content
Topic: How many have you owned? (Read 1945 times) previous topic - next topic

How many have you owned?

How many fox body T-birds/Cougars have you owned?  Which was your favourite? And how much did you pay for them?

when I pick up my replacement for the wrecked 88 I'll have owned 4...  and thats just in the last 3 years lol...

My first one was probably my favourite, an 88 bone stock baise/brown POS with the v6 in it... 1750$...  There was no rust on it but it had its fair share of problems when i bought it...  I literally drove the hell out of it and it took its beatings like a champ...  then, it got stolen...

My 2nd one, the 88 turbo coupe in my avatar which I smashed last saturday wasnt a fun car until i did the conversion.  Before that it was one nightmare after another...  Everything went on it...  Then after I did the conversion it was pretty much a brand new car...  Brand spanking new motor/tranny/suspension, it drove like a dream...  Kinda sad that I truely only enjoyed it for a month... 400$(bought) - 14000$ invested into it after

My 3rd one, an 87 Turbo coupe, was merely a parts car I picked up a month after I bought the 2nd one...  I had it for alittle bit and raped a buncha stuff out of it, but it more then paid for itself in the parts i scored off it... 500$

And now my newest venture, the 87 turbo coupe I looked at today.  Body wise this car is mint...  It's also got rims and a system already...  Now I've just gotta get the 4000$ together to buy it and then take the time out to convert everything over again for the 2nd time this summer:yuck:  *sigh* it probably wont be ready till next spring... 

So what about everyone else?  I cant be the only 21 year old here thats owned 6 cars in the last 3 years ;)...

How many have you owned?

Reply #1
1980 t-bird
1981 parts car
1982 parts car
1986 t/c parts car
1982 t-bird

I only drove the first and last ones, 'drove' the 81 and the t/c while it was pulled home (one 10 km with very loose lugnuts and no ds door :p)

I'd have to say my first was the most fun, good times in that car, outside that car, on that car lol

I cant even remember how many cars i've owned, just tried counting and I think I hurt myself...
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

How many have you owned?

Reply #2
I've had:

• 1985 base V6 'Bird - and I do mean "base". Its only options were metallic paint and a full size spare. No power anything, no cruise, no air, not even a passenger mirror. It was carbureted, too...
  • 1988 Cougar LS 5.0 - this one was my favourite, wrecked it after tangling with an 18-wheeler
  • 1987 T-Bird Sport - I liked this one, too, but the cancer was too bad
  • 1988 base 5.0 Bird - this is my current project, bought with 47k miles on it, now has 65k
  • 1987 TC parts car, donating its better stuff to the aforementioned 88
I also had a '91 V6 T-Bird (aside from the Volvo, biggest POS I ever owned) but that's not a Fox.

Now, if were talking ALL of the cars I've had we'd be looking at numbers into the 40's or 50's
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

How many have you owned?

Reply #3
1984 Fila - My first love but I'm sure there will be more

How many have you owned?

Reply #4
I've had a handful.
In order of aquisition:

1. '83 Tbird 5.0/AOD - My first Tbird.  The PO had converted it to carb and a points dist.:yuck: Cut my teeth on alot of the Tbird mods with this one.  Was still messing with 5.0's at the time, so it had the 4bbl carb, Flowmasters, etc.  Loud and low. It was the "wife's" at the end of it's time.  Probably could have kept it, wound up sping it.  Still have parts of it here and there.

2. '83 Tbird 5.0/AOD originally - The silver car.  Bought it to replace my totalled '80 Capri RS Turbo.  Still have it...obviously.

3. '85 TC -  POS that served as a DD for a few months until sping it.  Didn't keep much.  A buddy took it.

4. '85 30th Anny Tbird - Not even sure how we found this one.  It had the usual door cancer and a fair amount of miles.  We drove it for a couple years and then sold it.

5. '84 XR-7 - Bought this with the money from selling the 30th.  My daily for a few years and now it sits awaiting it's demise.

6. '80 XR-7 - The Disco Cruiser.  This car has been discussed here recently.  Was possibly going to go away, but it appears that it will hang around now.

7. '84 TC - Picking this up this weekend.  Engine is seized, but that's not really an issue since a swap is planned for it.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

How many have you owned?

Reply #5
In order of purchase:

1984 Cougar GS V6 (light blue) - SOLD
1986 Cougar GS V8 (black) - SOLD
1986 Cougar LS V8 convertible (white)
1988 Cougar XR7 (white) - SOLD
1988 Thunderbird Sport V8 (red metallic) - SOLD
1988 Cougar Blue Max V6 (light blue) - PARTING
1988 Cougar Blue Max V8 (dark blue) - JUST SOLD
198....whoops....not yet ;)

Detailed history of all the cars here.

Also had a 1990 Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed for like 3 months. It was a good deal to buy and an even better deal to sell. ;)

How many have you owned?

Reply #6
84 TC 5 speed/Thunderbird
86 5.0 AOD/Thunderbird
86 5.0 AOD/Mark VII
87 TC 5 speed/Thunderbird
88 3.8 AOD/thunderbird
88 5.0 AOD/Cougar
91 5.0 AOD/Mark VII

How many have you owned?

Reply #7
Quote from: EricCoolCats
198....whoops....not yet

Stop teasing!!!!

Just 2 here. My first was a metallic red '87 with red interior and the 3.8.  Not a fast car, but it was unstoppable.  thing woulda ran forever if the guy who owned it after me hadn't decided to make it hug a tree at 40 MPH.

The second is my current.  It's had a whole lot done to it, runs like a son of a bit*h, and has been nothing short of reliable. 

I honestly can't say which one I like more.  The first one was the reason I bought the second.  It made me fall in love with these cars.  I guess you could say she was my first girl....carwise, that is.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

How many have you owned?

Reply #8
Well, to be fair I've also had a 1993 Lumina Eur0 3.4 and the 1990 Crown Victoria. Also a 1987 Yamaha Radian

How many have you owned?

Reply #9
1987 TC Med Red/Raven, street-raced in primer till it blew up, then sat and rusted for a few years and had a building land on it in a hurricane.
1988 TC Med Red/Raven, McK kit, moonroof, spoiler, was perfect till some drunk dude ran a red and T-Boned me into a ditch @65-70
1987 TC Silver/Red, some redneck 5.0 conversion rusted to all hell, stripped it
1988 TC White/Raven, auto, g/f's car till 3 days ago when we traded it in on her 01 GP GT
1988 TC Med Red/Red, moonroof, Layla, will never sell her!
1987 TC Lt Blue/Raven, for sale for $500, nicest paint TC I've ever owned
1988 TC Dk Blue/Blue, totaled parts car
1987 TC Gunmetal/Raven, cut-up aftermarket rusty sunroof parts car
1988 TC Dk Blue/Blue, hit by truck, still have
1984 TC Silver/Raven, stolen and hit parts car
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 Med Red/Red, moonroof, sold to a Coug fan who'll actually love her
1987 TC Silver/Red, moonroof, 3-ton Bondo'd mess of a parts car
1983 TC Silver/Raven, all-original 80K mile, NEVER should have sold it :(

And John and Moller have owned another 10 various 86-88 TBirds, so I've seen my share. I need more Cougar's...

How many have you owned?

Reply #10
1984 Cougar GS.. My first car and my first love.. Sold to RJ around this past christmas. I believe it's in the hands of a junkyard now.

1985 Cougar XR-7 5 speed.. At first I only went to check it out to post it on the board because I didn't know that it was an XR-7 at first.. after looking at it.. I realised this car has to be mine.. and that's what ended up happening. I still own and love this car.

most Recent:

1986 Cougar LS Convertible. Flew down to Arizona for this one. It was sitting there for about 5 years in non-running condition.. with the help of David and his parents and the help of my now empty wallet, we got it running and It made a long trek back home without any issues. On my way back I stopped in Ohio to catch the tail end of CAT JAM.. after which I stayed at Eric's house for nearly a week where we tweaked up some minor details on the car (I.E. the grille and headlight buckets) with his help we actually got all 4 windows rolling up and down and he has trained me to become a certified Cougar Convertible small side window technician..

How many have you owned?

Reply #11
1988 Thunderbird Sport - I was looking for a sport when I came across this one a couple years back in the local auto trader mag. It was advertised as a 5.0L thunderbird so I called and checked the vin and sure enough, it was a sport. It was more rusty than I first thought. It's a parts car now.

1988 Cougar - 3.8 with a blown head gasket. I parted that one out. I still have some parts if anyone is interested - mostly interior, lights and electrical stuff. I paid $150 delivered for the car.

1987 Turbo Coupe - TurboCoupe50 had a t-bird for sale sans motor but the transport company wouldn't take it unless it would run under it's own power. So, TC50 offered up the TC and I grabbed it.

1988 Thunderbird Base model - My sister bought this car new in March of '88. I put many miles on that car. I drove it more than my sister did. The seats from the cougar now live here. She gave the car to me last month. 200000KM rolled up on the ride back to town.

How many have you owned?

Reply #12
Dad had one like 8 years ago, an 84 LS . That car was very loaded. He bought it in 1991. Super ultra reliable car. Totaled in 1999. Im searching one like that from 2002 and to the day i still have any luck. Here is a pic...

And the mine, the 85 mexican version. Has nothing compared to the 84...

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

How many have you owned?

Reply #13
My first Fox bird was an 87 Turbocoupe that I paid $6000 for....

Back in 1991 that is. Actually I traded a 88 Mustang LX 5.0 for it, but that car was worth 6K at the time. It was black with raven leather and all options. That car got totalled by a drunk driver in 2000 shortly after I bought my red 87 Sport.

I bought the red 87 sport in early 2000 and paid $3700. This was just before I discovered this board. At the time I thought That the SO 5.0 was the same as the HO but without dual exhast, hahah. Anyway, a good portion of the 87 TC lives on in the 87 Sport. The 87 sport was going to be my project but it has now been aborted. I dont know how well it's going to hold up to 2 kids sharing it through High Screwl next year, which brings me to my 3rd and hopefully last T-Bird purchase...

A few months ago I bought Johns331 86 TC from the for sale section on this board for $3500. The total I financed for it was $4500 though to cover travel expenses and any other mics expenses.

I've never sold a T-Bird though. The 87 TC was hauled off to the wrecking yard on a flat bed and I still have the 87 Sport.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

How many have you owned?

Reply #14
1985 5.0L cougar LS Silver/Regatta Blue

1986 5.0L -> 5.0L H.O blue max

1988 XR7 white/Blue 5.0L -> 5.0L H.O -> 5.0L H.O 5 spd -> 5.8L EFI 5 5pd

1988 XR7 Red/Red  5.0L -> 5.0L HO -> 5.8L EFI 5 spd

1987 XR7 winter ride. Silver/charcoal/raven leather. 205K miles and no knocks/leaks.
Duckin' agents like we was trapped in da matrix!