Skip to main content
Topic: Parting out 87 v-6 car. (Read 640 times) previous topic - next topic

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

I am giving away my 87 v-6 cougar. It is in really good shape, minus the fact that the engine is apart and missing some peices, and the header panel has some chunks. If I can't get rid of it as a whole, I am just going to part it out. Any utahn is  more then happy to have it for free.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #1
If only you lived roughly 2,000miles closer...grrr...hope that thing goes to somebody who will rebuild the hell out of it...good luck.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #2
Yeah I know what you mean. I wish I didnt live so far from all of you guys. Its in really good shape minus the header panel body wise, and the interior is what sold me on the car. i wish I could give it to someone that would use it or at least put it back together, but I need to get rid of it asap. My dad and the family is moving in with my new step mom and she has a small driveway and wont let us park cars in the yard.
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #3
I guess I am parting out the car. The interior is basically mint, good tail lights, headlights are fogged, but otherwise in good shape. All good turn signals. good rear bumper, good trim. Let me know if you need anything.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #4
Common guys, whole free, or parting out at a resonable price. Any part that you want and I will throw out a price. Here are some pics for you all to look at. I can get better ones of any part you want.

It really isnt a bad looking car. The engine is just taken apart, as far as I know, you put it back together and it will fire right up. All that is missing is some bolts. I have a new timing chain cover as well.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #5
Just got an 87 bird and need a radio, what have you got. Also I live in a dumb state that needs frt license, do you have a bracket?

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #6
I have both a stock radio out of a cougar, and a stock one out of a tempo. I should have the cover. i will let you know first thing in the morning.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #7
Do you have the lower front passanger and driver seatbelt clamps?( female end) hows the plastic covering on both?
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #8
are the trim pieces forward of the front wheel wells and rear of the rear wheel wells the same as the bird versions? if so i would be interested in the pass rear(mines cracked) and both fronts so i can delete my cornering lamps.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #10
How much for the rear bumper cover? and is the front one still okay?? Shot a num. also passenger rear trim would be good also, did it have the poppers on the gas and trunk, need those also. and the passenger side dew wipe. That should be about it for now. Thanks

Daniel

Just pm with a price and what you got!
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Parting out 87 v-6 car.

Reply #11
Okay guys, I am really really sorry, I have been away for a couple of days, and I sold the car to my freinds brother. Sorry. I may be selling later because my freinds brother will be moving far away in a couple of months. I will let you know. Sorry.
Hooligans! 
1986 cougar.