Skip to main content
Topic: 77 Cougar Wagon (Read 1395 times) previous topic - next topic

77 Cougar Wagon

I Towed Off A Late 70s Mercury Wagon Today Never Even Looked To See What It Is But I Think Its A Cougar Villiger The Car Is All Hot Roded Out The Engin Has All Sort Of Aftermarket Stuff On It I Think It May Be A 400 Also The Fenders Had Old Cobra Emblems On Them At One Point But They Wernt Just Taped On .there Are Holes There Looked Factory But Im Almost Sertin There Not Ill Try To Get Pics Also Someone Busted Every Window Out Of This Car Its All Junk Now But If That Engin Runs And It Is A Cougar Villiger I Might Keep It
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #1
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  those are awesome......  lol  and very rare cars....

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #2
yep its a cougar villager built 07 /77 with a nice little 400 big boy in it  and i put a little gas in the carb and she fired up un till the gas ran out not bad since the car has been sitting since 1997  just a shame she will need to be junked sine ill never find windows to replace them also no title wich isnt hard to get ..i got the hook up on that also i have only found one pic online one and it doesnt look like the one i have this one looks like the 76 front the one i saw looked like the 78-79 ill try to get some pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #3
try these
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #4
yep....thats a 77 cougar villager.    try a glass shop, they should be able to order the windows for them.  I think they used the same windows in some of the other ford and mercury wagons.  its worth a try if you want to save the car wich I would :D and if you do want to fix it up I have turn signal lenses that will fit nicely in that header panel ;) and if you decide to part it out I'll buy parts from ya :)

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #5
That thing is so f'ing sweet.  My dad had 2 77 2 doors.  I'm in love with that body style.  I also love wagon's for some sick ass reason.  That car looks sweet as hell.  Keep it and make the coolest weirdest wagon around.

tc
1986 Mercury Cougar -- Midnight Wine and Taupe  ($1700) in 1999 w/ 103,000 miles.  Now with a motor from an 87 with 54K on it.
1988 Mercury Cougar -- Light Sandlewood Metalic  ($40)  in 2003 with 111,000 miles.  Needs a fender, some welding and a good tune up.  Possibly my next daily if i ever get it to the shop.
1991 GMC Sonoma, My $50 daily driver.

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #6
, you gatta save that or pass it to somneone who can, glass is easy compared to papers. The way the lower window line pops up over the wheel makes it look tough as hell!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #7
like I said any good glass shop should be able to order or make the windows you need :D  save this one from the crusher.

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #8
id like to but i dont really have time to mess with it  needs glass prob a gas tank or at least clean it out been sitting since 97 also dont know why it was parked the engin runs but the radiator is missing and thats no reason to park it for 10 years also when i hooked up to it i didnt have a key so i thought id drag it out and then get it from the rear  but when i drove off with it the rear tires spun freely and the shifter said it was in park also the drive shaft is in place so it may be a tranny i dont know what to do with it also need to get a title  honestly ill prob pull the engin and s the car i really hate to but i have to much on my plate  turbo what kinda parts you need
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #9
I need the header panel if its in nice shape.  and the dash clock.  can you take some pics of the dash?  I would really like to have the whole car :(

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #10
That is one scary looking A/C compressor.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #12
its a York and they are quite simple

Maybe so, but it sure as hell looks different.  I've seen them before, but never actually had any dealings with them.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

77 Cougar Wagon

Reply #14
people use them as air compressors they are pretty durable

How heavy are they?  If use as an air compressor is feasible, I might just consider that vacuum canister project I had in mind.