Skip to main content
Topic: Can cops just walk in? (Read 1695 times) previous topic - next topic

Can cops just walk in?

Reply #15
The real question here, is why aren't they going after the people that bought you the beer. If you blow anything you will get a ticket. If the door was open, then they can walk in. If it was shut, they have to ask you permission to enter. If you tell them no, then they have to get a warrent. Of course, all of this is shades of gray. If you fight it, it will more likely then not be a waste of everyone's time.

and on a side note:
An honestly, I think that a cop impounding a car is nothing but bs.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Can cops just walk in?

Reply #16
Truckfreek, I did get an MIP.  And here you can drink on your parents property, but they have to be present. 

As far as comming after the people getting us the beer, that's where I think the problem is.  They are really cracking down on that and the night we got busted, it would have been A LOT easier to get meth or pen 15e- and we wouldn't have got MIPs.  Tell me the laws are working.

I am going to talk to an attorney when I go down to school (because it's free) this weekend.

Can cops just walk in?

Reply #17
So a kid isn't allowed to drink when adults are around. How exactly does this work. Mostly when I have a few it's with either a parents written permition or with them their.

Can cops just walk in?

Reply #18
Please Explain this to me; two cops walked into your home WITHOUT your permission and fined you for doing something you wanted into your house ?  i guessed the abolition of the slavery in the States was in 1776.....

And if pair of cops tried to walk into my home without permission, better to them if i can see some sign of police or at least they have to say they are cops, after i start to charge my Magnum .44....

EDIT

Dont get me wrong with my last sentence. Here is becoming common that a bunch of guys wear like cops but they are hijackers or robbers....
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Can cops just walk in?

Reply #19
I do believe that he said the door was open. That means anyone can come in even the cops. If your parents were there and they said they gave you permission to drink inside your house you should have been alright. Just you not any of you other underage friends that were there any. But If the law can see you form outside the house doing somthing wrong they can come in and stop you even without a warrent.  That would be like I murdered this person inside but the cop saw me through the window how come they could come in and get me! Think about it if the door is open it is lke haveing an invatation to come on in.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Can cops just walk in?

Reply #20
Quote from: MexCougar
i guessed the abolition of the slavery in the States was in 1776.....

Slavery in the US was abolished in 1865 ;)

And in missouri, at least, you can only fire on someone if they're breaking in with what "appears" to be intent to harm or kill....
But believe me...most folks here in the country around me will take their chances...and dial 911 AFTER the smoke clears :giggle:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)