Skip to main content
Topic: A sad day. (Read 1644 times) previous topic - next topic

A sad day.

Im sorry guys.. but the cougar got traded in today. I know my cat wasnt anything special compared to any one's here, but it was still a fox body.

The good news is, I am getting a good deal on a 99 camaro, and I got $300 more for trading in my cougar than what I bought it for (trade in = $1500 , car cost me $1200)

And, from what I can tell, the cougar is going to get the work it needs done to it, and wind up for sale on that lot eventually. It will be nice to see some of these little things fixed, and it end up in a good home rather than a crusher. I may just stick around here for the community if no one else minds.

A sad day.

Reply #1
Thats too bad, but now you can always look for another one to fix up. Maybe one in better condition, more options, etc.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

A sad day.

Reply #2
I hope the Camaro has an LS1. Then you have to stay!

A sad day.

Reply #3
You have balls telling a ford forum you got rid of your car to get a Chevy!
Just joking you will still be cool if you tell us it has a V8 in it.

A sad day.

Reply #4
1500 trade for a 3.8? That's really good. I don't think any dealer around here would give me $500 trade for my '88.

Camaros are cool and of course you're welcome to stay. Maybe one day, you'll get another "better" Cougar if that's what you want.

A sad day.

Reply #5
I will withold my engine size from you guys.

I couldn't pass up the deal on the camaro tho. Its in awesome shape, rides really nice, 93k miles on it. Has T-tops. In the end were getting it for $5,500 (after trade-in) tax and title included.

We did get rid of our other ford, (87 f-150) and bought a 02 sable. Its a pretty nice car, the interior is cut up and theres a few dents on the outside, but there not too bad.

Now to find a site like coolcats, for camaros.. heh, nothing is going to be as good.

And yes, I do hope to get another, better cougar in the future. This one was truthfully falling apart, and desperately needs the work that I think this dealer is going to do to it. He seemed interested in fixing it up.

A sad day.

Reply #6
Sorry to hear ya had to let it go.. and for a Camaro of all things.. but look on the bright side: When you're ready to come back to the Fox bodies, you could always step up to the Mark VII. :p

A sad day.

Reply #7
Quote from: matttherat
I will withold my engine size from you guys.

UhOh,it's a 3.8L!

A sad day.

Reply #8
T-Tops are teh awesome. That's one of two reasons why I would buy a Camaro. The other would be LS1.

I suppose you don't need those swaybars anymore huh? :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

A sad day.

Reply #9
Trader!!!!!! LOL hey just cause we like fords doesn;t mean chevy sucks. I just hate to see you give it up for a Camaro. Any way good luck with it.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

A sad day.

Reply #10
Meh, so what if you got a V-6 Camaro. Nothing wrong with that in my book. I personally would want a V-8 but when I was looking at cars at 16, I looked over plenty of V-6 Camaros. Besides insurance will be a wee bit cheaper in the 6.

I'm going to get flamed here but I'm not that much of a Ford person. I was always Chevy, Chevy, Chevy. It just so happened I found my Cougar and fell in love with the style of it. Now I'm so crazy about them that I bought another one. Yes, I have a '64 Fairlane but it was a freebie and it's cool. I wouldn't have turned down a free classic no matter the manufacturer. It just so happened to be a Ford. So I have fallen into having Fords but that doesn't mean they're mah favoritest and the bestest cars in da world.

Good luck with the new car.:)

A sad day.

Reply #11
At least tell us that the Camaro is a 5-speed...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A sad day.

Reply #12
its not a sad day man, you got a new car!

you might as well have just given your cougar away:nono:

would have done better selling it for 300 bucks or something.

good luck with the gm product. may it bring you much happyness....
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

A sad day.

Reply #13
*cough cough cough* 3.FOUR!!! liter :D

got rid of one of those not too long ago..

congrads.. watch out on the t-tops... they might leak over time

A sad day.

Reply #14
looks like the previous owner had that problem. Theres silicone in the wells that it site in, hopefully that took care of it.

Sorry to say it is not a 5 speed. But yes the insurance reasons are why it is a v6. I am happy I got a new car, but Im also sad to let my cougar go. Gotta understand that.

Ether, looks like I dont. Sorry, I was really planning on picking them up. I think Im actually running up there next week, but I wont be needing them anymore. Thanks for holding them, and thanks alot for the offer anyway.

BTW: It is at least a 3.EIGHT BlackJack. Heres the actual car for ya guys. http://www.autocircuit.com/new/dealeroutputdetail.cfm?vin=2G1FP22K9X2129761