Skip to main content
Topic: weird question to the ford gods!!! (Read 1003 times) previous topic - next topic

weird question to the ford gods!!!

o.k. i've been gone for a while, igot rid of my t-bird about 6 mounths ago and inherited my grandmothers crown vick. i've been at grandmarq.net. i've been spreading the digital cluster bug over there. i was telling them how the cougar clusters go over 85mph if you add a jumper to the w2 spot, and there's a guy that has a '83 lincoln town car that has a stock digi cluster and he was wondering if there was such a mod for his car since it displays 199 when it starts up. i know this technicly doesn't belong in a cougar forum but i figured that if any one would know it would be you guys. maybe bondocougar? but i would apreciate any info from any of you guy so please let me know.thanks in advance.
I love it when a plan comes together!!!-Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Reply #1
Didn't you ask this like two months ago?
One 88

Reply #2
no the one i was looking for a couple of months ago was the one that ended up bieng the bondocougar mod, the one that is for the cougar/t-bird full digi cluster. the one i'm inquiring about is the digi cluster out of an '83 town car, it still has the speedo cable hook to the back of it and lools like the one in this link.http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=10982
any help would b greatly apreciated.
I love it when a plan comes together!!!-Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Reply #3
I have no face time with that cluster style.  I would be interested in looking at one.

If you could donate a cluster for me to put on the bench I may be able to figure it out.  I say donate, because there is always a chance that I could break it when I am messing with it..  I'd send it back either way.

V6->V8HO 88 LS
5.0L V8 87 XR7