Skip to main content
Topic: maryland event? (Read 6390 times) previous topic - next topic

maryland event?

Quote from: Cougars 2 go

Ok, so maybe we should start talking?

well, theres been talk, so i figured, we might as well have an actual thread, rather then steal others. so...any ideas on a maryland event?
i never been to one before, so i really am lost as to where it would be and all that, but i figured this thread would get the ball rolling.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

maryland event?

Reply #1
Well, I can't think of any place we can hold one. I guess staying in the Balto. area would be best. I'm shoved in the Northeastern most part of the state which would be a hell of a hike for most of you guys. Although there is a nice park in North East right on the water. Not a lot of parking there though.

Shawn said something about possibly getting another meet together at Patapsco State Park. The location was good and it was a nice place.

maryland event?

Reply #2
Quote from: 5.0willgo
Well, I can't think of any place we can hold one. I guess staying in the Balto. area would be best. I'm shoved in the Northeastern most part of the state which would be a hell of a hike for most of you guys. Although there is a nice park in North East right on the water. Not a lot of parking there though.

Shawn said something about possibly getting another meet together at Patapsco State Park. The location was good and it was a nice place.

Patapsco on a Saturday works for me.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

maryland event?

Reply #3
late saturday (like 6, sounds kinda late tho) or sunday would be better for me. and where is patapsco?:dunno:
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat

maryland event?

Reply #4
what date? the first saturday of august? if so, i may make it down there too, it would be nice if it was in the north east lol, sence im closer to that, but what ever u guys deside.

maryland event?

Reply #5
1st saturday of August would be this weekend :eek:

Maybe we should get an email circulating to see who all would be interested. Once we find who is coming or may come from wherever, we can determine a better centralized point for everyone.

maryland event?

Reply #6
Is this just a get together or like an weekend event.  There are a couple of parks in and around Southern MD even close to DC, theres even a racetrack "Buds Creek"...............

maryland event?

Reply #7
Just a meet on one day, not a weekend event...unless there is a big interest in it I guess.

Before I bounce emails around, how about some date ideas?

I'm available the following Saturdays or Sundays...
AUG:
19-20
SEPT:
2-3
16-17

It is possible for me to do another weekend date but I'll have to rework my work schedule. No biggie though.

maryland event?

Reply #8
Quote from: 5.0willgo
1st saturday of August would be this weekend :eek:
Maybe we should get an email circulating to see who all would be interested. Once we find who is coming or may come from wherever, we can determine a better centralized point for everyone.

I can't do this Saturday.  Let's just say I have a car show going on.  I would like to come to this as well.  I would be coming from Westminster which is in Carroll County.
As someone else mentioned, I prefer later in the afternoon/evening.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

maryland event?

Reply #9
im available sunday and saturday, hell... if its the rite date, i may even be able to get some of the local guys out.

maryland event?

Reply #10
Quote from: blackcat
Is this just a get together or like an weekend event.  There are a couple of parks in and around Southern MD even close to DC, theres even a racetrack "Buds Creek"...............

Buds Creek (MIR) would be one hell of a ride for those out in Cecil County, such as Fred, and Westminister, like Cougars 2 Go, the Patapsico Stake Park woiuld be perfect since its in a more central area of the state. The hard part is, i really dont have time to organize anything this year, since i work 11 hours a day, and when i get off of work, everything is closed. If someone could call up the park, and see how we go about reserving a pavillion, that would rock.

We'd be aiming for the Avalon area, which is accessable from Rt1 and a few other area's.
It's Gumby's fault.

maryland event?

Reply #11
Man, its gonna be hot!

I thought we were in site 22 last time?  That was a good site as we spilled over into the parking of the sites across the street from it.  But could be bad if someone has a big gig in one of the other shelters and takes up those spaces for themselves.

They warn that the # of people rule is "Strictly enforced"

I will probably be tied up the whole Sept except for 9/2-3, but don't let me stop this..
------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------
From the Patapsco web site:

Sites 1,10,26 for 20 people $20.  These sites have a bathroom nearby.
Available:
  8/19 Site 1
  9/2 Site 1
  9/3 Site 1,10,26
  9/16 Site 1
  9/17 Site 1,26
  9/23 Site 1,10, 26
  9/24 Site 1, 10, 26

Site 1 seems like its always available, whats the deal with that one?
---------------------------------------------
Sites 22,33,46,61,92 for 10 people for $10 (No bathroom nearby)
Available:
  8/19,20 all
  9/2 46,61,92
  9/3 all
  9/16,17 all
  9/23,24 all

V6->V8HO 88 LS
5.0L V8 87 XR7

maryland event?

Reply #12
so, i guess it'll be in september?
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat

A Meet/Cruise/Show Clecklist

Reply #13
Decisions, decisions :)

A Meet/Cruise/Show Clecklist:
date
time
place
bathrooms
food
parking
two or more people
a coordinator

:bowdown: You Guys (and Gals) can do it!
"All of this is assuming that everything else in the system is stock and well maintained."
- © The Lincoln Mark VII Club All rights reserved.

maryland event?

Reply #14
food being the most important, of course... im excited for this, its gonna be cool:banana:
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat