Skip to main content
Topic: how do I set my TPS correctly? Updated, still need help! (Read 1395 times) previous topic - next topic

how do I set my TPS correctly? Updated, still need help!

my car runs like  and when I ran codes it threw code 23 tps out of range.  I remember seeing a post stating a certain voltage range to set it at but I couldnt find the post.  someone please help

Reply #1
Under 1 volt with engine off and the key in the run position.  Make it as close to 1 volt as possible.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #2
i usually set mine at .98V, also check it to make sure it doesn't have any flat spots/spikes from idle to WOT.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
well now it idles smooth and there isnt any black smoke but when its idling and I try to rev it it almost dies and I have to nurse it to make it rev up plus I cant make more than 5 psi of boost.  I set my tps at 1 volt should it be alittle lower?

Reply #4
should be set between .95 and .99 volts, not 1v+. somebody on the turbo board told me tc's are a little more touchy than the 5.0s with the tps setting, i cant rember the exact voltage they used.

Reply #5
I'll mess with it some more tomorrow, alittle too dark for me to do anything with it now.  I plan on running some seafoam through it and changing the plugs maybe just maybe I can get this thing to run good  :D.............................................I hope

Reply #6
I set my tps at .973 and now it is idling near perfect and I am still having the same problem as before but if I open the throttle slowly it will rev up but while driving I still cant make more than 5psi of boost I'm not sure where to go from here unless its something in the dist timing :dunno:

edit: I installed an msd tfi coil but I dont think this has anything to do with it

Reply #7
now I have the dist timing set at 14*  but still no change any ideas?