Skip to main content
Topic: Weird T-Bird Part (Read 3678 times) previous topic - next topic

Weird T-Bird Part

I just picked this up:

Part number E6SZ-14B089-C, listed for 1986 Thunderbirds.

So I have to ask those of you that have a lot of T-Bird knowledge: what the hell is this from?!

It's definitely NOT from a 20th Anniversary Cougar, because all of those had power door locks. I'm not aware of any pre-20th Fox Cougars that had the memory seat option. And I didn't know that you could get that on a T-Bird at all. What 1986 T-Bird had memory seats but the power locks as an option? élan? LX?

Throw me a frickin' bone here people. ;)

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #1
Are there any cross reference books you can look at to see if it may have come from a Mark VII or perhaps and 87/88 Cougar/T-bird? Cause that looks like the basic door arm rest piece just with a different function. Perhaps it was just mislabeled?
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #2
Could it be from a 30th Anniversary T-Bird?

edit:  guess not if it's listed as being for an '86
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #3
cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #4
Where did you get that? I've never even seen or heard of that being in an 86 T-bird. That's weird.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #5
Doesn't look like anything out of an 84 either

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #6
Eric is that thing for the right or left door panel?  I don't have that style door panel to compare too.
One 88

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #7
:wtf: O yea that the super secret part for the super secret special edition cars that were super secret special ordered for the CIA so don’t tell anyone.

All joking aside if you guys don’t now man it must be ether an error or something special.

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #8
It says memory seat on it, Does that narrow it down any. Is it even from a T-bird. MN-12 maybe?

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #9
Quote from: EricCoolCats
I just picked this up:

Part number E6SZ-14B089-C, listed for 1986 Thunderbirds.

So I have to ask those of you that have a lot of T-Bird knowledge: what the hell is this from?!

It's definitely NOT from a 20th Anniversary Cougar, because all of those had power door locks. I'm not aware of any pre-20th Fox Cougars that had the memory seat option. And I didn't know that you could get that on a T-Bird at all. What 1986 T-Bird had memory seats but the power locks as an option? élan? LX?

Throw me a frickin' bone here people. ;)

How many different countries was the 80's TBird sold in?  I know Hyundais have BIG differences in available options depending on the country they are sold in.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #10
It's for the driver's side, on the 1985-88 high series door panels. I don't know why a car would have a memory seat but no power door locks...that just doesn't make sense to me. But obviously this exists, and filled some purpose. We just don't know what purpose that was! LOL

When we figure this out I have another weird part for these cars to let you guys chew on. But for now this one really has me scratching my head. It could be for the Mexican market...that's about all I've come up with.

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #11
Export car option?

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #12
I'm sure, well, I would think, anyway, that a car could be ordered that way.  But why there would be a part like that sitting on a shelf somewhere, I dunno.  I mean, I never thought the memory seats could be ordered outside of the '87 Anniversary edition.

Odd.  Very odd indeed.

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #13
I'll talk to some of the guys in the VTCI and see if they know anything about this. They have a bunch of info on T-birds so maybe they know something about this memory seat option.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Weird T-Bird Part

Reply #14
Maybe Gunkle04 could try to track down this elusive tidbit?:D
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.