Skip to main content
Topic: New car alarm (Read 5359 times) previous topic - next topic

New car alarm

I just ordered this the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7939323508&category=33721

After finding another coat hanger jammed in my door (3rd one this year)  I desided that I needed an alarm.  I like this one cause it has an 8 second delay from the time it alerts the pager to the time the alarm sounds.  Just enough time to grab a shotgun and jump out a window!  :2gunsfiri

What do you guys think?

Re: New car alarm

Reply #1
I think your town blows.  Too much bad stuff happens there.  :disappoin
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2
Yeah, I think it would be cheaper and safer if you just moved to another state at this point. :p

Reply #3
Quote from: Bird351
Yeah, I think it would be cheaper and safer if you just moved to another state at this point. :p

I second that! :giggle:

Reply #4
i'm pretty sure that's the system Eric's got in his convertible.

Reply #5
I know he's got a cool LCD remote like that, but I'm thinking it's a different system maybe.

Reply #7
I hope it comes with detailed instructions. I tried to install a remote starter on my brothers 92 cougar, but it did not come with instructions so eventually I gave up.

Reply #8
I hope it comes with detailed instructions. I tried to install a remote starter on my brothers 92 cougar, but it did not come with instructions so eventually I gave up.

Well,  if you had a diagram for the remote starter it probably wouldn't have been so bad.  I put one on my 96 Tbird and had no problems at all.  It was easy.  Only thing I realy got to worry about on the stang is bypassing the PATS.  I'm pretty sure I can get a module for that from Audio+.  Other than that it won't be too hard.  I've got all of the wireing diagrams I need for my car.  So enless I run into something unsuspected,  It'll be cool.

Reply #9
u like the hunchback of notre dame eh dare?  ;)

Reply #10
u like the hunchback of notre dame eh dare?

Huh?

Reply #11
hehe, snoopin around in ur feedback :p

Reply #12
hehe, snoopin around in ur feedback

Oh!  Hahaha!  I was wondering WTF you ment!  Never even thought of that.  :giggle:

I got it for a girl I was with.  :shakehead

Reply #13
Me thinks it will be a nightmare to wire up.

Good to see you're still around, Daren.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
Me thinks it will be a nightmare to wire up.

Me thinks I might have to take pictures and do a write up on it.  I don't think it will be too bad,  I've got my 3 best friends to help me,  Shop key wiring diagrams,  DVOM and a Power Probe.  :giggle: 

If I can't get it to work,  then I waisted 3 semesters of Auto Electronics.  I'll make sure to post how it goes.  (Then again,  the next post you see will me " ********* Car alarm *****"! )  :giggle: