Skip to main content
Topic: Me have oo...... (Read 1300 times) previous topic - next topic

Me have oo......

So I finally got around to throwing in my trans cooler today. Mounted it, cut the hose to fit (with a little extra slack) and hooked one up to the threaded adapter going into the stock radiator cooler so that way I can use that and the new one.  Well, i decide the hose is in the way of putting the adapter in the radiator.  I try to tug it off.  No dice.  Out comes the kitchen knife.  You know that dull, dirty rusty one we all have in our toolboxes.  I cut the hose and continue the cutting motion due to my hand slipping. 

The knife finally comes to rest in my finger and the wife had to take me to the hospital.  Yay! I'm a butthead!  Three hours later, when we got home, the wife finished hooking up the cooler.  No leaks and she didn't hurt herself...... I have a new mechanic!:D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Me have oo......

Reply #1
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
So I finally got around to throwing in my trans cooler today. Mounted it, cut the hose to fit (with a little extra slack) and hooked one up to the threaded adapter going into the stock radiator cooler so that way I can use that and the new one. Well, i decide the hose is in the way of putting the adapter in the radiator. I try to tug it off. No dice. Out comes the kitchen knife. You know that dull, dirty rusty one we all have in our toolboxes. I cut the hose and continue the cutting motion due to my hand slipping.

The knife finally comes to rest in my finger and the wife had to take me to the hospital. Yay! I'm a butthead! Three hours later, when we got home, the wife finished hooking up the cooler. No leaks and she didn't hurt herself...... I have a new mechanic!:D

Soo.. ah !!! 

And a...Awsome!
One 88

Me have oo......

Reply #2
Almost forgot. 6 stitches.  The only reason the knife stopped was cause of the bone....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Me have oo......

Reply #4
Ouch, :giggle:

..didn't they say not to play with knives? :nono:  :giggle:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Me have oo......

Reply #5
I have to say, all the times I've hurt myself working on my car I've never had to go to the hospital for any of them. I think I've hurt myself worse at work actually.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Me have oo......

Reply #6
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
Almost forgot. 6 stitches.  The only reason the knife stopped was cause of the bone....

Same thing happened to me with a dull rusty hacksaw when I was 9...not paying attention and cut down to the bone...ended up taking 8 stitches....don't you hate when something like that happens in the middle of a project?
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Me have oo......

Reply #7
sounds like something that would happen to me! and you lucky  a wife that work on your car for you. you no what that means no going out to the side of the highway in a thunder storm to fix here car you can hear a bout it when she gets home and tells you what else she has to do tomorrow to get it done. that is a beautiful thing.
1986 Cougar LS

Me have oo......

Reply #8
Oweeee.

I've done stupid stuff like that. I get so far and start wondering where the blood came from. I never had to go to the hospital for anything like that though.

Me have oo......

Reply #9
This thread is worthless without pics!

:hick:

Me have oo......

Reply #10
had that happen it sucks i actually still have the scar in my thumb print. glag your ok. did it take you a second to know what happend or instant pain? took me a second. then i saw blood
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Me have oo......

Reply #11
you have a cool wife to finish you work. mine would have never got dirty

Me have oo......

Reply #12
This thread is worthless without pics!

yum.....

Me have oo......

Reply #13
your wife hooked up the cooler?... where can i get one of those, my woman came without the tech skill option. maybe i can take her back to the dealer and get it installed...

Me have oo......

Reply #14
Quote from: Nate
your wife hooked up the cooler?... where can i get one of those, my woman came without the tech skill option. maybe i can take her back to the dealer and get it installed...

Mine didn't come with that either, it came with woodworking and cooking though as standard options. I got the slightly geeky as an option to go with my computer and general geekiness.

i actually think mine has a dealer installed anti-auto coating.

back to the main subject, OW!!! that's a good one. :hick: