Skip to main content
Topic: Wheel?????????? (Read 671 times) previous topic - next topic

Wheel??????????

Has anybody put a set of the deep dish bullet or cobra R  wheels on a T bird or cougar?
Im thinking about putting some wheels on the TC but im not sure if I want to go with the  17x9s or the 17x10.5 on the rear.

The deep dish wheels look nice on the Mustangs and I bet that on the TC they would look great to because the car is bigger looking than the Mustang.
Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5:p
85 GT 1C vert = resto project grey int. no power options but A/C. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=92213&highlight=convertible+build+thread
85 GT 2R hatch = ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
85 GT 2A hatch =  tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, BBK headers, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
90 LX EL hatch = grey int. stock 5.0 auto
85 GT 1C hatch = parts car :(

Wheel??????????

Reply #1
here is what I have done to my car.  I think they are 17x9's  cougarman would know more about them than me. they rub alittle in the front when you go through a dip but that is about the only problem I have had with them.

Wheel??????????

Reply #2
Thanks, What size tire are you running? I would like to run a 275 40 on the front and a 315 on the rear.

PS. that silver car looks nice with the chrome wheels.
Son of Jleews6, Johnny 5:p
85 GT 1C vert = resto project grey int. no power options but A/C. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=92213&highlight=convertible+build+thread
85 GT 2R hatch = ALL original sunroof car grey int.,full scale restoration coming one day
85 GT 2A hatch =  tan int. 2.5" full exhaust, BBK headers, AutoMeter Pro Comp gauges, 5-Lug w/17" Bullitts, converted to FI, 8.8 w/3.55s etc.
90 LX EL hatch = grey int. stock 5.0 auto
85 GT 1C hatch = parts car :(

Wheel??????????

Reply #3
I think a 275 would be way to big on the front. Maybe a 235. You might be able to get a 275 in the back.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Wheel??????????

Reply #4
coud go as high as a 245
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Wheel??????????

Reply #5
Quote from: jleews6
Thanks, What size tire are you running? I would like to run a 275 40 on the front and a 315 on the rear.

PS. that silver car looks nice with the chrome wheels.