Skip to main content
Topic: Cobra Progress Report (Read 5733 times) previous topic - next topic

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #45
how much did that cobra kit cost? i have seen them for $14,000.
how long have you been working on it?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Brake upgrade

Reply #46
Decided to upgrade the brakes.  Wilwood 6 piston in the front, and 4 piston in the rear. The spot caliper on the rear is the parking brake.  The body is finished, but I can't install it until April 5.  My job keeps getting in the way!  I'll have the car at the Knott's Berry Farm show in Anaheim on April 28 and 29.  If you are in the area, stop by.  John

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #47
Mmmm... brakes. Nice. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #48
One of those calipers cost more than I gave for the Sport I'm building.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

We Have Paint!

Reply #49
Still need to add a few details, but here she is!  Still need to have the interior done, but that's going to wait until after my wallet cools off a little.  John

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #50
HOLY shiznit!!!!!! I FREAKING LOVE IT MAN!!! Nice job with it
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #51
Wow.....  just wow.  How's she drive?

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #52
Quote from: DakotaEpic;139763
Wow.....  just wow.  How's she drive?

Since it's not licensed yet, I just taken it up and down the block a couple of times.  The acceleration is "breathtaking".

BTW, the color is Ford redfire pearl, and the stripes are a BMW color that the painter selected.

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #53
Freakin' Beautiful, man. Nice work. :)

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #54
Wow it really beautiful.

The acceleration is "breathtaking".

Does that mean "oh **** it's so fast I just ped my pants" fast?:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #55
Quote from: thunderjet302;139795
Does that mean "oh **** it's so fast I just ped my pants" fast?:D

I could only imagine :hick:

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #56
Sweet! She looks awesome!

I'm sure your neighbors are pleased with those... sidepipes. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #57
That is just Too Cool.

Johns331
are you a member of http://www.ffcobra.com/ ? I can't say I reconise the car from there (there are so many on that site)
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #58
Quote from: Johns331;139765
Since it's not licensed yet, I just taken it up and down the block a couple of times.  The acceleration is "breathtaking".

BTW, the color is Ford redfire pearl, and the stripes are a BMW color that the painter selected.

Sick.  I've always wanted to build a badass aluminum headed 331 mill for a car.  It's such an underestimated motor.

Cobra Progress Report

Reply #59
Quote from: Jim_Miller;139817
That is just Too Cool.

Johns331
are you a member of http://www.ffcobra.com/ ? I can't say I reconise the car from there (there are so many on that site)

I log in on that site as J Persons.  I posted the same photo over there a couple of days ago.