Skip to main content
Topic: And so it begins... (Read 7542 times) previous topic - next topic

And so it begins...

Reply #60
Looking good zach.
One 88

And so it begins...

Reply #61
You mind me using a pic for the calendar?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

And so it begins...

Reply #62
Sure, if you would like to.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #63
Zach he should use one of the pictures you took of both our cars at autozone!!
One 88

And so it begins...

Reply #64
Good call, Claude.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #65
Here's an update.

I drove out to Claude's house this past weekend and we performed some upgrades on the car. On went the '88 8UA computer, bigger VAM, and the 35 lb. injectors. Thanks to Claude's and Jim's help, the process went smoothly and the car is running very well.
I still have to drill and tap a hole in the intake for the ACT sensor (it's hanging out in the engine bay for now), but everything seems to be great.
I also saw Claude's new Turbo Coupe, which has LOADS of potential.

There's a Nova under there...

Today I was able to mount my new gauge pod ('94-'95 Mustang) and relocate my boost gauge. I also mounted the A/F gauge and ran its wires into the dash, but I have a few more connections to make.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #66
got a i/c for it yet? if ur not far from west virgina my dad has like 5 laying around
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

And so it begins...

Reply #67
I want that nova.

and your cat is gonna kill man.

And so it begins...

Reply #68
Yeah, it now has the '87-'88 intercooler and hood. It works pretty well, but I do plan on a front-mount in the next few months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #69
man seeing u build that up makes me wish my 88 wasn't rotted and picked apart
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

And so it begins...

Reply #70
Is that Pizza Hut? Ewwww. Being in Chicago we have so many good pizza resturants that the chains taste like  to me.

Car is comming along nice though. :cool:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

And so it begins...

Reply #71
No that pizza is from a local pizza place.  Very good :)

Here is Zach working on the upper.

Here is me working on something.  (note to self, work out more often)

Here is me working on the harness repin. 

Bout to do some repinage.

Either buttoning back up or tearing apart.

Enjoying a job well done :D

And the best picture of the night.  Here is Jim enjoying working on his car.
One 88

And so it begins...

Reply #72
It's time to revive this thing.

You guys are going to love this. The paint on this car is in pretty poor shape. It's safe to say that the clearcoat is totally MIA on the top panels, and the primer is showing on the roof.
However, some of the clearcoat was left on the side panels, but it was very foggy. It looked like flat-finish paint.
After some compounding and a two-stage polishing process, I was able to breathe new life into the side panels.
Hey... I can't afford paint, so I'm doing the best I can. :shakeass:

Oh, yeah. I was able to fix most of the hood gap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins...

Reply #73
Wow it looks good man!!
my $300 beater ;)

And so it begins...

Reply #74
MAACO.I know,I know.They can suck.The paint on my blue car in the banner was painted at Maaco,$285.00 in and out.I did the bodywork,they painted,gave me a 2 year warranty,and it lasted very nicely for 4 years before I stripped the car and shipped it out.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..