Skip to main content
Topic: Medically retired! (Read 1250 times) previous topic - next topic

Medically retired!

Well, as of 1030 this morning, I am being medically retired from the US Coast Guard. I am now a disabled veteran. It kinda sucks, but at least I'll medical insurance for life. Final work day will be 3-8 weeks from now, but I have 55 days of leave saved up, so only another week or 2 in reality. My injury happened on the job in Decmber of 2004 and we are just now getting closure. My boss isn't happy, the place I work is going to go to shiznit with out me. I told him I'd still work there as a civilian, for twice the money!:evilgrin:

So now I have to go meet with the VA director and buy a house in Longview. I'll finally be able to spend some time on the business! The extra $480/month will be nice, too.

Medically retired!

Reply #1
well im not sure if i should say im sorry to hear this or congrats to you :dunno: :dunno:

1983 v8 302 cougar
ok for some reason some thought it was a good idea to post neg about how long my sig was in my post when it was within the letter amount so ill ask whats your problem :flip: :flip: :flip:

myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/caffine231

Medically retired!

Reply #2
Congrats probably. Since I can't make a career of it, at least they are admitting their f-up and will be taking care of things for life.

Medically retired!

Reply #3
well.... as long as you can find something to do with your time and enjoy every moment of it.... CONGRATS :-D

Medically retired!

Reply #4
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]congrats to you[/SIZE][/COLOR]

1983 v8 302 cougar
ok for some reason some thought it was a good idea to post neg about how long my sig was in my post when it was within the letter amount so ill ask whats your problem :flip: :flip: :flip:

myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/caffine231

Medically retired!

Reply #5
Learn to Whittle wood on a rocking chair on the porth.. no better way to pass time.

Medically retired!

Reply #6
Quote from: baXo
Learn to Whittle wood on a rocking chair on the porth.. no better way to pass time.

and yell at the kids for walking on your grass
:D

Medically retired!

Reply #7
Nah, I told the g/f that I was going to sit on my ass for 6 months and collect disability and unemployment. She didn't like that idea. Instead I get to buy a house (YEAH!!!) and buy her a big shiny rock thingy that cost more then my turbo (and that cost ALOT!). We've been together for 2.5 years, so it's time. In our first 3 months together I bought 6 cars (4 of them in 11 days), and she told me that "if you buy 1 more car, I'm leaving". 2 years, 3 months, and 27 cars later (no joking) she's still here. ;)

Medically retired!

Reply #8
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports
In our first 3 months together I bought 6 cars (4 of them in 11 days), and she told me that "if you buy 1 more car, I'm leaving". 2 years, 3 months, and 27 cars later (no joking) she's still here. ;)

Sounds like a keeper, the rock is expensive but its worth it ;) Congrats!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Medically retired!

Reply #9
2 years, 3 months, and 27 cars later (no joking) she's still here

She IS a keeper.  Congrats dude!  What was your MOS in the Coast Guard anyway?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Medically retired!

Reply #10
I was a Machinery Technician. I fixed everything not attatched to an airplane.

Medically retired!

Reply #11
You need to get hooked up with the DAV... It's possible they can negeoate you a better settlement... That is unless they are giving you 100% disability...

Medically retired!

Reply #12
WOW, she really is a keeper.

and congrats i guess, sorry to hear that you got hurt that bad, but at least they're taking care of yah.

more time to make us goodies!!! haha