Skip to main content
Topic: i killed the easter bunny (Read 2240 times) previous topic - next topic

i killed the easter bunny

well sad news folks i killed the easter bunny tonight comming off an off ramp practicing some GT4 like driving and the easter bunny ran out in front of me  and i cliped em with the front wheel and the back did the rest. sorry to say didnt sound fun for him. i do feel bad as this is the first thing i ever killed driving(other than bugs). i have come close but never felt or heard something like this.

i guess the pony got the best of that bunny. (bad joke)
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #1
You ever hear that joke about "CougarCoupe88 who ruined Easter".
Just another bad joke.

Few years ago i was on the parkway and hit a bat, it was summer and getting dark and it hit me right in the middle of my windshield. It scared the living sh$t out of me cause i didn’t see it coming. It left a grease mark like someone put there greasy forehead on my window.

Reply #2
talking about killing things........ in 1998 i too killed the easter bunny on easter morning on the way to church with my 3 year old in the car.....  i lived on 45 acres in the "back woods" and my driveway was a mile long 2 rut road going around a peachfield.... as we were going around a turn, my so goes "daddy... easter bunny" and sure enough the rabbit darted from the peach trees, right in front of the car and bam....... thumper thumped no more....  and all this while a 3 year old was watching...... thanks dad!!!!

nice to see i'm not the only easter bunny killer....

on another note, i used to be a long-haul truck driver, and one of my fellow drivershiznit an owl in oregon.....  it went through the passenger window, half way, and hung motionless dripping blood on his dashboard..... i didn't see it happen, but man i saw the pictures...... needless to say, he threw away that pair of underwear!!!!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #3
I got a bunny once. I had just gotten my learners permit and I was out driving with my mom in her Malibu. This bunny darted out from the weeds and gave me not even a second to react. As I felt the thump thump, I felt sooo bad.

I also got hit in the windshield by a bat, junst like Innes. Anyone ever duck when they see something coming at them? That thing scared me to no end. You know, it's dark and then all of the sudden, I catch the stupid thing in my line of site and BAM!

I've hit numerous birds too. Ever have them just fly across the road infront of you? I smacked one on my way to work one day. I didn't know that as light as birds are, they could make such a loud thud.

Reply #4
lets see hit a bird at 80 that was interesting. hit one at 100 even more interesting sinnce there was nothing left the bird hits were in moms 01 regal. and i ran over a wood chuck in my 88 cougar and that made the entire dash shake!! so ive had my fair shair of road kills.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #5
I got a squirrel in my TC.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #6
sheeee-IT! Birds and raggits ain't ola to a big-assed buck deer...
Like the one that tore the front end off of my first '88...
Had such an impact that it literally flipped the hood up into the glass...
I was only going 35 down my gravel road, and yes, I killed Bambi with that one...
I've also hit quite a few birds in the wife's 89 Tbird..as it's light blue in color, wonder if they couldn't see it against the road?
Every year, i usually clip around a dozen rabbits and squirrels, too
But nothing makes as big a thump as a big ole fat greasy racpuppies when ya run over one, and it takes out your exhaust...on a side note, after knocking most of the exhaust on my dodge aries wagon:yuck: , it did run better:hick:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #7
A dozen rabbits and squirrels per year?!
Are you sure you're not aiming for them?:rollin:

Reply #8
Quote from: 5.0willgo
A dozen rabbits and squirrels per year?!
Are you sure you're not aiming for them?:rollin:

sounds like a plan... dam small furry animals:rollin:

Reply #9
I dunno how you guyshiznit rabbits, all I ever see in the road here are groundhogs, possums, deer, and the occasional racpuppies. Also, for some reason after it rains during spring/summer, all these toads come out and cross the roads (I guess to get to the creek) but they are very slow and a lot of them get run over.

When I had my mustang, a bird flew across the front of the car once and hit my radio antenna. Talk about bad luck on the part of the bird!

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #10
I ran over an elk at 130mph.

Didn't even feel it.

Reply #11
well glad to know im not the only easter bunny killer.....sucks with the kids but funny. well i guess these  things think they are faster than machines . guess again
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #12
You know, it is a really interesting thing when you think about it.  When you think of something as small as a rabbit, and then you think of how little area your tires take up on the ground, the timing has to be perfect for the two to collide.

Reply #13
I hit an armadillo in a 76 transam i once owned.Tried to dodge it and hit it with the tires.Probably doing about 70mph down a Texas highway.I think the bird flew a few feet off the ground.

Reply #14
I hit an armadillo in a 76 transam i once owned.Tried to dodge it and hit it with the tires.Probably doing about 70mph down a Texas highway.I think the bird flew a few feet off the ground.