Skip to main content

Poll

Who gets to keep the cat?

Total Members Voted: 39

Topic: A Letter From My Wife...... (Read 4077 times) previous topic - next topic

A Letter From My Wife......

So the wife has found out my "evil" plan!!!! I guess that's what i get for having such an easy password  :)....  anyway, here's the letter she wrote to coolcats for the "cat-tales"... so i decided to post it and turn it  into a poll........

So please read and you decide.....
Who gets custody of the cat?

As written by the wife :
The Custody Battle begins!

You may have seen the pictures posted by "My Wife's Kitty". My loving husband, has made a concentrated effort to steal her out from under me! Don't get me wrong, the marriage is good and no splits are intended, but never the less there is a custody battle brewing at home. Mike is trying to convince me that this is his car and that he will get me the 86 I've said I wanted all along. Problem is, I've always liked the 83-86 and really didn't have a huge hard-on for only the 86, other than that some of the kinks had been worked out by the time they built the 86s. I took one look at this car and I was in love. How could he even think of trying to change my mind now? Some men can be so thick!

Let's share a little background to this story. I grew up in Detroit. You just love cars--it's not a mandate, more a way of life. My ultimate dream car is a 69 Mach One. Married young, three kids, neither of us with a college degree, and the prices of even a rusty pup lead me to accept the reality that I would probably not get to own one for many years. Like most of us, you do the best you can with what you have. I've never owned a car that I truly LOVED. We've had good cars, but nothing that really revved my engine. I decided to start thinking about what I wanted and I began my search for a truly exhilarating ride.

It didn't take long for me to remember the other ride that always catches my eye...the Cougar. I started checking into it and was thrilled to find that the 83-86 models, which I so loved were within my range. I actually found this site, did the research, and got my hubby scouting for a cat. What joy! The hunt was on and I was sharing it with my best friend. When he found her, one in our budget range and logistically attainable, we set out hot on her tail. The trip to get her was two-folded bliss. We had to drive to Myrtle Beach. I've never been there and always wanted to go. We love to travel and car trips make for the best conversations. Course, Mike says that's because I've got his undivided attention and he has no escape! And we were bringing home my car [insert dreamy sigh here.]

It began the moment he laid eyes on her. , she's a Jezebel! Tempting him like that, with her leather interior, two-tone paint, and a generally shagy stance. It started jokingly, "aw, she's not really what you wanted. Maybe we'll look for an '86, but I could keep her to play around with." Momma always said, "play with fire and you WILL get burned!" She's too hot to handle and he definitely shows signs of smoke damage. Mike's a great man. I love that he spoils me. I only have to put gas in my car and even then, not always because sometimes he does it for me. So when he said he wanted to check it out and make sure that it was truly road worthy before I started driving my cat, I trusted him completely.

It's been a month now and I've driven her around the block once. That is all that I've been allowed. He has now, in his mind, taken ownership and insists that we will get me an 86 at some point later. Meanwhile, I'm stuck with the: we should've been Kicked-In-the-A$$ [KIA] for buying this foreign POS.

It occurs to me that the custody battle represents something larger. I have learned that life involves choices, compromise, and unexpected blessings. Fourteen years ago, if you asked me what kind of guy I wanted to marry, my response would be very different from the choice I made. I wanted tall-dark-and-handsome, an older man, very ambitious, and rich would be a nice perk. Instead I surrendered to my heart. Here comes compromise... He's taller than me [by 2 inches], but that IS taller. He's blonde-haired and blue-eyed like me, but that just means that we'd know what our babies would look like. And he was awful cute--a smile that made me melt! Older by three months, he was technically older. So what if he wasn't seeking to conquer the world and bankrolled to back his ambition--he had strong arms and a great tan. When he drove, his muscles reaching out to the steering wheel drove me wild! Turns out, had I gotten my wish, my dream guy would've been all wrong for me. So there you have it--choices, compromise, and unexpected blessings, but what about my cougar?

I have to make a choice, do I fight for the car I have or do I surrender my heart again and let my lover take the lead? If I do give in and accept an agreement to look for my own cougar, he will, in the meantime, gain more experience working on them and be ready to give my girl all his best efforts. Plus there has to be a bump for being gracious and letting him share the glory of cat pride. Unexpected blessings? A guy who always liked cars, but was never before over-the-edge about them has now been initiated and how can you not love that! Plus I fully expect to get no less options on my cat than he has on his. Sweet V-8, fully optioned, leather kitty…come to Momma!

Maybe no further battle strategies are needed? Besides making up is a lot more fun than fighting!

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #1
Buy a Thunderbird! :flip:

lmao
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #2
I like your wife.
One 88

Reply #3
Quote from: CougarSE
I like your wife.

i like her too... but that doesn't mean i'm giving the car back!!!!

also i think we found a name for the cat......  Jezebel seems to say it all :flame:

p.s. i voted for me, so i hope that sways some votes  :)

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #4
it sounds like...
your wife is a little upset that!!

1, your playing around with another pu$$y
2, that it's not hers your playing with
3,that it happends to be the one she likes to play with..

just kidding

good luck one this one lol ;)

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #5
Call me old fashioned, but the man should be concerned with the cars.  The wife may like the car, but she has no idea what the true love of these cars is like.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Ooooh...you should not have not have gone there!

Reply #6
Quote from: amooset
Call me old fashioned, but the man should be concerned with the cars.  The wife may like the car, but she has no idea what the true love of these cars is like.

Wife piping in:
There are too many women who have proven themselves in the automotive world for you to be makin' a retro-grade, caveman comment like that! And if your still not convinced, then please remember the movie My Cousin Vinny. Real women with knowledge do exist and could smoke your a$$ on technicals any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Just because my hubby understands the mechanics, doesn't make him capable of giving a cat all the LOVE she is due. Many men have made the mistake of thinking they know how to use the equipment, but never learn how to take her RPM to the limits. I don't care how many manuals you read or how much practice you've had, the lovin' touch is something that comes from within.

Lovin' rides has always been a part of me and has passed onto our son. Yes, Daddy had a part in that, but the kind of inherit, obsessive love that we have is not what Mike came wired with. So please, don't try to make this about who has what which entitles the ownership thing. Your way off!

My letter was playful banter. "When you love someone, you must set them free." That letter was more about our journey, then about whether I actually believe he or I should end up with the cat. It's all about love. You just shouldn't have gotten me rantin'! I'm a lover now, not a fighter but old habits die hard and I will head back to my roots if need be. So if you feel this response got a little long, you asked for it!

PS Any lovely ladies who are out there, please feel free to personally respond to the cow. Steak sounds good for dinner!:flame:

Reply #7
my wifes kitty wrote:
There are too many women who have proven themselves in the automotive world for you to be makin' a retro-grade, caveman comment like that! And if your still not convinced, then please remember the movie My Cousin Vinny. Real women with knowledge do exist and could smoke your a$$ on technicals any day of the week and twice on Sunday

Oh Snap!:rollin:
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #8
I voted to give the wife back the car. Its her Kitty. If it wasn't for her you never would have ended up with one anyway. I fully understand that you love the car and want it to be your own. The only thing that gets me is that you think you can snake it away from her. You should just bite the bullet and give it to her. Then you can get one of your own.
  Besides she is the reason for your new found love any how. So she deserves it. I can feel her pain. If I was her I would take the keys lock it up and keep the keys to myself. Then we would see how you like only getting to drive your baby around the block just once. Grow up buy one of your own and give the kitty to its rightful owner. If it wasn't for the wife you wouldn't even be the owner of a fine fox platform Cougar. Give it back and maybe she'll bless you with some kitty of hers. Besides I'm sure you can find another
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #9
Give her the Cougar back and find yourself a good Mark VII. :p

Reply #10
Quote from: ipsd
If I was her I would take the keys lock it up and keep the keys to myself....Grow up buy one of your own and give the kitty to its rightful owner.

maybe there's a reason i changed the door locks and ignition and titled the car to myself and not the wife..... hmmmm  :) :locked: :bricks1:

anyway, don't let her rants fool you, i remember drooling over a friends 88 cougar before i met the wife, so she doesn't have a leg to stand on there....

thanks for the support guys:bowdown:

Reply #11
Hahaha, I knew my chauvenistic comments would warrant a response.  I've got no problem w/ women and cars PROVIDED they take complete care of it.  Change the oil, get under the hood once in awhile.  It's when the wife declares ownership without doing any of the work that really gets me.
1987 Thunderbird 3.8. Sold :(

1982 Thunderbird - Goodbye 255, Hello 302!

Reply #12
Meh, let her have it.
Get yourself a nice '88 XR-7, they're faster and cooler :ies:  lol
:flame:

p.s. I agree with your wife about the "car girls". Crystal is a prime example here...

Reply #13
I say let her have it back man.... its her car... like others have said.... find another cat/bird.. then make her want that one lol

now the jealousy brews ;-)

Reply #14
Giver her the cat back! It was/is/ and always will be HERS.

Remember, you are married to her...what's hers is hers, and what's yours is HERS!

Giver her the keys and kiss the kitty goodbye!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~