Skip to main content
Topic: A Saturday at the Junkyard (Read 839 times) previous topic - next topic

A Saturday at the Junkyard

I went to the local boneyard last weekend and found some cool stuff. I also found some very rare stuff; I went back today and bought the very rare stuff.
Case in point:

Motorsport spoiler and side skirts from an '85-'86 Thunderbird. The side skirts are mint, while the spoiler has some stripped threads from one of the mounts. This car was STRANGE! It had these rare parts on it, while it had some cool options (vent windows, auto lamp, etc.) and it was a 3.8.

Some other oddities:
-'80s Lincoln Continental with a turbo diesel engine (BMW?)
-'80s Lincoln Town Car with an buttstuffog thermometer on the driver's side heated mirror and a HUGE moonroof
-Totally base model V6 Thunderbird with a Turbo Coupe schnoz
-Perfect headlights on a '90s Continental, which are identical to the '87-'88 Cougar. These things were absolutely crystal clear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1
So ah, please tell me you snagged those Continental lights!
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #2
Quote from: cougarcragar
:
-'80s Lincoln Continental with a turbo diesel engine (BMW?)

I know they made the Mark VII with the turbo diesel, but ive never seen a COntinental
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
Quote from: 4thqtr
So ah, please tell me you snagged those Continental lights!

Let me know if you want 'em. I can go back and snag them for you.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see a turbo diesel under the hood of that Continental. I wonder what kind of turbo that is?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
Quote from: cougarcragar
Let me know if you want 'em. I can go back and snag them for you.

Hell yes! I hope nobody's taken a bat to them for fun yet. I'd definitely like to save them, and pass them onto someone in the future who needs them. I had thought you would snag them for a future Cougar of yours?
1984 Cougar Convertible
1988 Cougar XR-7

Reply #5
Not yet. I spent some money on those Motorsport parts. I need to sell those (profit) before I can go back for more Cougar-specific goodies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Quote from: Tbird232ci
I know they made the Mark VII with the turbo diesel, but ive never seen a COntinental

The first diesel I saw was a Conti.  The dual exhaust (waste gate, IIRC) is more striking on those since they have cutouts in the rear valence, Marks became commonplace with dual cutouts. Concurrent engineering and product release, baby.  That's the beauty of the Foxbody. :)
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way