Skip to main content
Topic: rice burners. (Read 2786 times) previous topic - next topic

rice burners.

Reply #15
I guess I'm about a 0% advocate then, since that's about the percentage of time I drive the T-bird right now.  Guess I'm just not cut out for RWD.  Ought to stick to the FWD 4-cylinder rice-cars.

my ricer

Reply #16
the wife drives a kia optima with the 4 banger... no ricer stuff though (afraid the tin can would fall apart) and my DD is a 94 Chrysler Town & Country with woodgrain panelling.... you'd be suprised how fast that 3.8 liter is!!  my burnouts are well respected at school:flame: (but they rag me constantly about the woodgrain :()

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

rice burners.

Reply #17
my DD is my feet they are really cheap on gas

Z
hunting for another 87-88 bird
If it's got tits or tires its gunna cost you money !

rice burners.

Reply #18
im surprised no one has said this rather simple one yet.
its my personal favorite and the one I always use:

rice rocket.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

rice burners.

Reply #19
Quote from: DakotaEpic
My buddy has a 95 HO Cherokee It's fast as hell.

i used to call them rice rockets, but then realized that was kind of a compliment.

Quote from: ZondaC12
im surprised no one has said this rather simple one yet.
its my personal favorite and the one I always use:

rice rocket.

;)
One 88

rice burners.

Reply #20
My DD is a 5-cylinder turbo Volvo, and it burns every bit as much gas as the T-Bird - then again, it is more powerful, more luxurious, and probably a bit heavier (all wheel drive, wagon bodystyle)

As for ricer names I just call 'em econopoopsters
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

rice burners.

Reply #21
I call them "broken ground effects shiznit cans with stiff suspensions that are like that to make their ugly wives tatas shake when they hit another bump and se the last of their bumper cover off"

:D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

rice burners.

Reply #22
My DD is a 93 3.3L V6 Buick Century. I don't hate ricers I feel that you can do what ever you want to your car after all it's your car. I just can't stand the way they drive like a-holes and tailgate, weave through traffic, and speed 25 mph over the limit to prove that they are bad ass.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

rice burners.

Reply #23
my DD is a 5-cylinder turbo Volvo, and it burns every bit as much gas as the T-Bird

You forgot; the volvo burns every bit of oil, too....

My DD is my feet....and when i want, i drive the Explorer or the F-150. None of them are easy on gas, but dad didn`t have a 4 cylinder car since 1988....
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

rice burners.

Reply #24
Quote from: DakotaEpic
My buddy has a 95 HO Cherokee  It's fast as hell.

Yes, surprisingly. My favorite option is the power/comfort tranny mode (just higher shift points). It reminds me of the prem/reg fuel switch on the TC.

Oh, BTW, in a little over a month, I'll be driving the TC again as a DD! :headbang: I actually got it running on Saturday, and running good. It was the first time I heard it run since November of 2004.:yuck: Now all I have to do is ship it to NS without incident, set the boost control through trial and error, trusting in the stock boost gague, and get it inspected. ( NS yearly inspections. Oh well. I'd need an out of province anyway)

I had forgotten how loud it was. :D

rice burners.

Reply #25
Quote from: oldraven
Yes, surprisingly. My favorite option is the power/comfort tranny mode (just higher shift points). It reminds me of the prem/reg fuel switch on the TC.

Oh, BTW, in a little over a month, I'll be driving the TC again as a DD! :headbang: I actually got it running on Saturday, and running good. It was the first time I heard it run since November of 2004.:yuck: Now all I have to do is ship it to NS without incident, set the boost control through trial and error, trusting in the stock boost gague, and get it inspected. ( NS yearly inspections. Oh well. I'd need an out of province anyway)

I had forgotten how loud it was. :D

Soooo this means your gona make a showing this year right?
One 88

rice burners.

Reply #26
I drive 75 miles round trip to work so a couple of years ago I got a used Hyundai exel (till I blew the tranny).but when I brought it home my uncle started laughing at it and asked me "when you drive that do you get the urge to eat fish-heads & rice

rice burners.

Reply #27
Quote from: CougarSE
Soooo this means your gona make a showing this year right?

"Hi, I'm looking for a job. It's good to be back in Nova Scotia. By the way, I'm going to need about a week off in July."

Sorry. Not this year. :disappoin

But at least I'll be a lot closer than before. :giggle:

rice burners.

Reply #28
Quote from: oldraven
"Hi, I'm looking for a job. It's good to be back in Nova Scotia. By the way, I'm going to need about a week off in July."

Sorry. Not this year. :disappoin

But at least I'll be a lot closer than before. :giggle:

I've done it (reserved time off at the job intreview) :D In fact I've done it twice, both times for a wedding (and strangely enough, both times for the same brother)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

rice burners.

Reply #29
Quote from: CougarSE
;)

hahaa WHOOPS i might wanna read the thread completely next time LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane