Skip to main content
Topic: My 86 is out of storage and has new exhaust (Read 950 times) previous topic - next topic

My 86 is out of storage and has new exhaust

Just updated pics of my low miles 86 TC.. I just put the exhaust on Monday~

Next project is the Stinger FMIC kit I've got sitting here.. Just waiting for the time to put it on.
Kev Schofield
86 TC - 59K
~~~~~~~~~~~
85, 86, 87, 88 TC's
(gone but not forgotten)

Reply #1
looks good.. hows it sound pretty quite?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #2
Looks good!  When you throw that Stinger kit on, tell me how it fits, I seriously looking into getting one in the next month (or as soon as I sell my '85 Omni turbo).

Reply #3
What kind of shocks are those?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
The exhaust is made up of a Stinger 3" downpipe, Stinger midpipe (that the exhaust shop put a couple extra bends into so the ler would tuck up nicer), a Dynomax super turbo offset/offset ler, a 2.5 mandrel bent Mustang GT tailpipe and a nice NOS Ansa resonator tip I scored on eBay.

It has a nice smooth burble at idle that is louder than stock for sure, but NOT obnoxious.. no drone on the highway but a real nice tone under wide open throttle. I think it sounds perfect.

The shocks are Koni reds.. long since unavailable. When I bought the car last year the original owner include a complete set, brand new in the boxes.

As for the FMIC..I plan on doing a complete phot essay of the install for others to use if they use the same kit~
Kev Schofield
86 TC - 59K
~~~~~~~~~~~
85, 86, 87, 88 TC's
(gone but not forgotten)

Reply #5
I remember the year that car came out, my buddy's dad brought one.Man
would that thhing get-up and go.Looks good.