Skip to main content
Topic: installed mustang tubular a arms... (Read 3949 times) previous topic - next topic

installed mustang tubular a arms...

what a nightmare, i only did one side because after letting the car down the new a arm moved the wheel and tire in like 2" and it doesnt even look like the alignment could ever be made right, not to mention how stupid it looks with the wheel/tire in so far. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, 190 dollar arms, wtf am i gonna do..
atleast my GMS coil over kit works. just need caster camber plates...

Reply #1
who's the manufacturer?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #2
What k-member are you using?
 Thanks,
  Chris

Reply #3
were they fox mustang arms, or  sn-95?

Reply #4
If I'm not mistaken (and I have been mistaken before, believe it or not), a Mustang K-member will put your ball joints back out close to where they belong. I think the T-Bird K-member's control arm mounting points are further inboard to work with the longer T-Bird arms, so Mustang arms will bring the ball joints in on a T-Bird member. Conversely, T-Bird arms on a Mustang member will put the ball joints outboard. I'm sure somebody that knows what the hell they are talking about will chime in for verification though...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
ChuckW has stated that many times already what ThunderChicken just said.You are 100% correct.

Reply #6
have to run a stang k member.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #7
Aren't the SN-95 A-arms the same dimensions as the fox t-bird/cougar arms?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #8
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
Aren't the SN-95 A-arms the same dimensions as the fox t-bird/cougar arms?

Not quite .. the 87-88's do at least.  The early Tbirds use the Fox Mustang arms...

Also, be careful on the whole "TBird K-member" thing.  The different mounting points only applies to the 87-88's.....and only the TC's at that.

I'm not 100% certain on the whole 87-88 TC only thing, but since we have not had as a group everyone with an 86-88 climb under their car and measure the width of the control arm mounting points and the length of their control arms :p
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #9
yeah im using the stock K member, that must be my problem?

Reply #10
At the very least then you need SN-95 length tubular arms....

Reply #11
Perfect time for a tubular fox stang k member!
TC#1- 2.5T- 10.14@134....9.76@138 with a 50shot
TC#2- Turbo BBF project
TC#3- parts car

Reply #12
with the mustang tubular K what do i use for motor mounts?

Reply #13
well guessing it is for a mustang, I would say a 79-93 4banger, or maybe 84 SVO mounts. I am not quite sure.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #14
A set of my SVO/Mustang mounts :D

Seriously though, you would use any of the std Mustang 4 cyl mounts.