Skip to main content
Topic: 88 cougar 5.o different test connectors (Read 2591 times) previous topic - next topic

88 cougar 5.o different test connectors

I want to check my codes but my vehicle,s wiring shows a white/red wire for input self test input connector but its with the rest of the self test connector on my wiring diagram it shows it as a single wire  maybe wrong wirihg  any  help ?  i have an 88 silver cougar been using more gas too too much ingine runs strong but hesitatates sometime when i press down on the gas  thanks TOMZ

Re: 88 cougar 5.o different test connectors

Reply #2
See those keys at the botttom right of your keyboard?
The ones that say : ; " ' , . ?
They sure make it easier to read a sentence and figure out where one question ends and the next one starts.

Are you saying you don't have 2 connectors, like this?

That instead of two plugs, you only have one with all the wires in it?
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #3
Masterblaster, Your self test connectors are all the way up by the master cylinder. Did it come like that? Cause mine are down by the power steering pump.

Reply #4
The pic isn't my car, but mine are up there too.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #5
You have a 302 right? Maybe because mine is only a 232 they are in a different location.

Reply #6
They were in the same place as MasterBlaster's on my 93 mustang I4. I thought they wer there on all foxes/fords

Reply #7
Turbo Coupe owners also have a set of those connectors in the trunk, for the ABS

Reply #8
They're by the wiper motor on 1986-88 5.0 cars, and closer to the p/s pump on 3.8 cars. I think some of the earlier one had them on the passenger side by the strut tower too.

Reply #9
Still Am Confused  About Whats Going On Here Can I Get Some More Help Thanks For Trying            Tomz

Reply #10
On my dads crown vic and trucks it is on the pass side. It has to do with the way the intake manifold sits I think. Cause on every 5.0 truck I have seen the intake manifold is on the oppisite direction.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com